• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
There just doesn't seem to be much thought behind some of Cook's plans (ie. two slips to Broad, deep fielders etc) - he just does it because it's "standard"
Yeah exactly. I mean last over, before tea with Swann bowling to Watson. Why not, have a silly mid on and a leg slip or something?

There are definitely little plans that I would do if I was captaining against Australia.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There were a couple where he started to go to his old ways which he got away with due to eye, but overall he's improved a lot in that area this innings, can really see he's working hard on it.
In his defence, it's a tough problem to solve. Vaughan had a similar issue and don't think he ever solved it fully?

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah exactly. I mean last over, before tea with Swann bowling to Watson. Why not, have a silly mid on and a leg slip or something?

There are definitely little plans that I would do if I was captaining against Australia.
There doesn't even to be too many plans to try and cut off the scoring options, especially on the legside. If the bowler is gonna bowl straight then you need a proper legside field, not two men out for no ****ing reason at all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In his defence, it's a tough problem to solve. Vaughan had a similar issue and don't think he ever solved it fully?
Vaughan kind of had the opposite issue in a way; he didn't move far enough across and got pinged lbw because he was playing with angled bat away from his body in defence. It's why he got bowled a hell of a lot more than Watson.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Really really even session that was. If England get a few it'll be a huge gain. Aus, I suppose have to continue batting well (although they had a fair amount of luck).

Swingpanzee

International Regular

This!

I really like Cook, but from the captaincy point of view, he's pretty poor. He's got a great lot of potential in his team, but just does not use his resources well.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
This!

I really like Cook, but from the captaincy point of view, he's pretty poor. He's got a great lot of potential in his team, but just does not use his resources well.
I've been thoroughly disappointed with Cook's captaincy, he doesn't drive home the advantage, nor is he able to make things happen when they need it, relies completely on the talent of his players

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Rogers has now scored more runs than Root this series, trailing behind only Bell and Clarke.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I've been thoroughly disappointed with Cook's captaincy, he doesn't drive home the advantage, nor is he able to make things happen when they need it, relies completely on the talent of his players
he should get more **** that dhoni, tbh