Page 1 of 252 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: *Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Discussion around the Third Test at Old Trafford.

With David Warner currently 100 and plenty not out against South Africa A, he surely has to come in for Australia, whether it be at the top of the order, or in the middle order.

Meanwhile, England are dealing with the possibility of Kevin Pietersen missing the test through injury, and have loaned James Taylor to Sussex for the Australia game, which obviously implies he's inline for a recall. He's not who I would've gone in with, but I guess he deserves a go. Pretty much signals the end of Nick Compton's career though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    the big show is getting a few as well, in case we need another opening batsman.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    I can't see Compton getting called up but can see him going to Australia in the winter as a spare bat. Think Taylor has done enough this season to deserve another chance and with the series almost won it makes sense not to risk KP and give him an extra week or so to get it right before he returns for either the 4th or 5th test depending how long he is out.

As for Australia god knows what they do, we know Pattinson is out and that the batting is terrible and putting so much pressure on the bowlers but do they bring Warner back, try Lyon, pick Bird as Patto's replacement? So many questions and not much time to sort it out. This tour is very similar to many England had in the 90's with injuries and a poor team getting thrashed, I expect it to continue here and England to wrap the series up.

International Debutant
    Warner now 123* against a more than handy attack. Game there ends on the 27th and the test starts on the 1st. Not the best prep to fly him in quick and play so soon but our alternatives are?

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Warner now 123* against a more than handy attack. Game there ends on the 27th and the test starts on the 1st. Not the best prep to fly him in quick and play so soon but our alternatives are?
    The best option would be for him to take no further part in the match after today's play.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    It would be excessive if they wanted him when fully fit. But when he's injured...

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    How on ****ing earth is Morgan even close to being considered any where near the team? It's not just cricinfo, some of the Sky lot were throwing his name around as well.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    God knows, surely Ballance or Thakor would be a better bet than Morgan?

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    The best option would be for him to take no further part in the match after today's play.
    Yeah I'd imagine he'll get enough of a hit in this innings. The TZ difference is immaterial, so the only issue is sitting on the plane for however long it takes to get from SA to Manchester.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    How on ****ing earth is Morgan even close to being considered any where near the team? It's not just cricinfo, some of the Sky lot were throwing his name around as well.
    I found this more worrying

When Andrew Strauss retired, despite it being improbable that anyone other than Alastair Cook would get the top job, Stuart Broad, Ian Bell and Eoin Morgan were also interviewed.
    Jarrod Kimber: While England plan, Australia dream | Cricket News | Australia in England - The Investec Ashes | ESPN Cricinfo

International Debutant
    I am a big James Taylor fan, the bottom handed thing doesn't bother me as long as he is watchful outside off stump. Think he is part of the future of our middle order.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Does he definitely mean for the Test job? Would quite like to know where he heard this from in any case.

Page 1 of 252 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information