• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There was a frame before the ball reached the bat, and a frame after. But because we heard the noise on the frame after rather than before we've decided it was a passing sparrow whose farts sound exactly like ball hitting bat.

**** decision.
There's an entire frame where the ball is past the bat and there's no Snicko yet, IMO. I've been on this forum heaps of times arguing against people claiming that Snicko is "past the bat" when it's really just a poor understanding a frame-rates on their part however I don't think that's the case here. There's a noiseless frame with the ball past the bat. The noise actually seems to get "louder" on Snicko as the ball goes further past the bat too.

IMO, there are only two possible conclusions to draw from that Snicko:

1. He didn't hit it.
2. Snicko was misaligned by about a frame.

I don't know how likely or possible #2 is but it is worth considering I guess.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Again, it was clear to me that the sound was a fraction of a second late even without snicko

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't think it sounded like a nick, especially the kind of small sharp one that would escape hotspot, sounded like a loud grind.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
There's an entire frame where the ball is past the bat and there's no Snicko yet, IMO. I've been on this forum heaps of times arguing against people claiming that Snicko is "past the bat" when it's really just a poor understanding a frame-rates on their part however I don't think that's the case here. There's a noiseless frame with the ball past the bat. The noise actually seems to get "louder" on Snicko as the ball goes further past the bat too.

IMO, there are only two possible conclusions to draw from that Snicko:

1. He didn't hit it.
2. Snicko was misaligned by about a frame.

I don't know how likely or possible #2 is but it is worth considering I guess.
The same on the Khawaja one there was a first noise when he hit his pad then another noise with the ball 2 feet past his pad. Weird they both had it.

Ruckus

International Captain
It thrills me to no end that Broad has bowled exceptionally well and still doesn't have a wicket. What a ****.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Bowling Root because he got Clarke out at Lords is a rubbish decision.

The same on the Khawaja one there was a first noise when he hit his pad then another noise with the ball 2 feet past his pad. Weird they both had it.
Haha, OMG, what are you implying? :p

It thrills me to no end that Broad has bowled exceptionally well and still doesn't have a wicket. What a ****.
I'm sure it thrills him to no end that he got Clarke out at both TB and Lords and basically won his county an Ashes test in doing so. ****.

Ruckus

International Captain
he's still got to go home though and deal with the fact he is a man trapped in a womans body

Ruckus

International Captain
This is gonna be a ridiculous question, but do any Eng fans here actually hope Aus win this test?