• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Spark

Global Moderator
I think it was. They changed the rule though. More than half the ball has to be hitting the inside half of the stump.

Or did they change the impact thing? Help me Spikey...
There's a black line through the middle of off and leg stumps, the middle of the ball has to be striking between the black lines

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
You've forgotten the golden rule - every Australian Test spinner's selection must be more left field than the last. Turner's definitely the best spinner in the country who would count as a more left field selection than Agar was at this point.
Are we rating on ability of spinner or left field-ness? If the latter, I'll throw my hat in the ring - 18yo wicketkeeper-batsman who bowls a few chuck-y offies and mediocre leggies in the nets while training for park cricket.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke has looked mostly pus by his standards today, yet he's 40 from 58 without it seeming he's middled many at all.

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke has looked mostly pus by his standards today, yet he's 40 from 58 without it seeming he's middled many at all.
Yeah was about to say. If he starts middling them then we could be in for something special here

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Are we rating on ability of spinner or left field-ness? If the latter, I'll throw my hat in the ring - 18yo wicketkeeper-batsman who bowls a few chuck-y offies and mediocre leggies in the nets while training for park cricket.
Minimum requirement of left-fieldness: must be more left field than the last spinner to debut. Once you meet that qualification, it's on ability.

It's a dead heat between Ashton Turner and Mark Higgs IMO.

benchmark00

Going to bed. Hope I wake up with a Clarke ton and Grecian banned. Not too fussed about the Clarke ton though.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was millimetres in it but no, not more than half the ball was hitting.
More than half the ball was hitting the stump. Half wasn't hitting half the stump though, which is the difference.

Still, it's a terrible thing that the decision wasn't overturned. Not as bad as the Smith catch/Khawaja decision though.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Well in fairness Fawad Ahmed is a pretty unorthodox selection; not many Test spinners are refugees.

Brad Young worth a shout as well?

Spark

Global Moderator
Cricket Australia @CricketAus
150 up from Clarke's sixth floor. He's taking on Swann. Australia 3-151. Clarke 45, Smith 1. #Ashes #ReturnTheUrn
well he is building a good innings

Spikey

You've forgotten the golden rule - every Australian Test spinner's selection must be more left field than the last. Turner's definitely the best spinner in the country who would count as a more left field selection than Agar was at this point.
Selecting SOK would be the most left-field thing

Burgey

Haha, seriously Broad. Doesn't give a **** for a run around the field at all, does he?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Clarke set and Warner still to come. Chances of an Australian batsman getting a big score have taken a sharp rise since Lords.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah 400 the par first innings score here. Its a very good batting track, especially with a top quality spinner in your line up - Lyon is good but not quality.