• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Who is then? I've never heard anyone actually name someone who they think is. Just seem to be sodding them off all the time. I would say the only bad ones for me are Boycott, Blowers, Allot and most of Channel 9. The rest seem good.
I love Atherton and Hussain as commentators and I've said so many times. I actually quite like Gower as well although I'm in somewhat of a minority. Bumble is fine as long as his stint is with Atherton or Hussain but Botham is gash and Holding isn't much better.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Rogers is making me look like an absoulte bellend, he's been fantastic today. Definitely up to it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look, Cabinet has a point, how about the Hughes dismissal in the second dig at TB when you wouldn't accept it pitched in line, even when technology proved it? The Rogers LBW was a poor on field decision but the 3rd umpire couldn't do anything about it, so I agree on that one.
Hughes' dismissal was replayed during the lunch break - it is still garbage and the fact that a minute shred of stitching hanging off the ball might have been in line with leg stump on pitching doesn't change it

Stapel

International Regular
I love Atherton and Hussain as commentators and I've said so many times. I actually quite like Gower as well although I'm in somewhat of a minority. Bumble is fine as long as his stint is with Atherton or Hussain but Botham is gash and Holding isn't much better.
I gues I agree, aprt form the Holding part. I really like him as a commentator!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On reflection, it's really been Rogers' placement that's been terrific. Even in that over from Swann, just nudged perfectly into the gap for a single. Best knock by an Aussie opener in quite a while.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Hughes' dismissal was replayed during the lunch break - it is still garbage and the fact that a minute shred of stitching hanging off the ball might have been in line with leg stump on pitching doesn't change it
Really? Makes all the difference I would have thought

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I gues I agree, aprt form the Holding part. I really like him as a commentator!
I used to like him too. I think he says some some great things about the failings of current cricket administration and he's someone I'd love to see have a bigger role on ICC committees, however his analysis of general play is pretty poor IMO.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I used to like him too. I think he says some some great things about the failings of current cricket administration and he's someone I'd love to see have a bigger role on ICC committees, however his analysis of general play is pretty poor IMO.
I like him for the most part, but he does talk some garbage at times. As Benchy said, the voice helps. General ear candy when he's talking sense.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
When there's a leg slip, what are the odds on Bumble saying it's too close? Must be pretty high.

LOL, runs given off the thigh pad. Spark (and Benchy) was right, Hill is dreadful.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As crickets leading twitter account (murf1987) suggested before a ball had been bowled today, Tony Hill is a trash umpire.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Good pitch this, hopefully it'll be a more even match between bat and ball, been a bit one sided recently.
I suspect the main thing that's changed is that Aus are batting first so Swann hasn't got a day old pitch to bowl on from the start.