• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well, obviously it's much harder to bat against the new ball if you're a natural middle order player like Clarke. You're far more likely to get jaffa's like the one he got form Jimmy at TB. I know he comes in early at five quite a lot, but I'd still prefer shielding him from the new ball as much as possible to maximise his output.
Then why did he keep rescuing the side from 40/3?

If it's mental he has to learn to get past it, as with any other player's supposed "mental" issues.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Only the first four days sold out. Pathetic effort from the Manchester lot.

Well, obviously it's much harder to bat against the new ball if you're a natural middle order player like Clarke. You're far more likely to get jaffa's like the one he got form Jimmy at TB. I know he comes in early at five quite a lot, but I'd still prefer shielding him from the new ball as much as possible to maximise his output.

Reckon it's a bit of a mental thing as well. His first couple of first innings efforts in India were great, then he got a first baller as soon as he moved up to three.
The main thing for me is that its not as though Clarke has been finishing 62* or anything. I like him at 5 because of his record, but think he can handle 4 too.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Ahhhh no

Bell was definitely caught and every expert agreed with that

Rogers lbw was, at best, extremely marginal, as it was "only" clipping the very top and outside edge of the stumps from a ball delivered around the wicket
Thought you were talking about Bell's LBW at Trent Bridge. My bad.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Loving this pitch more and more as the game progresses, great all-round wicket. Broad is extracting some serious movement from the pitch at the moment but I still think he's been a yard too short on this pitch so far.

Rogers has looked sublime today. He's been aesthetically pleasing to watch as well which isn't something I'd previously associated with Rogers. I'd always pegged him as a scratchy/grinding sort of batsmen.

91Jmay

International Coach
Definitely don't think Holding is anywhere near as bad as Benchy makes out and I"ve argued with him about it before but in no way is he "excellent" either.
Who is then? I've never heard anyone actually name someone who they think is. Just seem to be sodding them off all the time. I would say the only bad ones for me are Boycott, Blowers, Allot and most of Channel 9. The rest seem good.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahhhh no

Bell was definitely caught and every expert agreed with that

Rogers lbw was, at best, extremely marginal, as it was "only" clipping the very top and outside edge of the stumps from a ball delivered around the wicket
Look, Cabinet has a point, how about the Hughes dismissal in the second dig at TB when you wouldn't accept it pitched in line, even when technology proved it? The Rogers LBW was a poor on field decision but the 3rd umpire couldn't do anything about it, so I agree on that one.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Who is then? I've never heard anyone actually name someone who they think is. Just seem to be sodding them off all the time. I would say the only bad ones for me are Boycott, Blowers, Allot and most of Channel 9. The rest seem good.
Sanjay Manjrekar likes this.

Spark

Global Moderator
He's said some pretty dumb things today.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think it's time for Bresnan, though this has been a good spell from Broad, particularly that last over.