• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Howe_zat

Audio File
Strauss chatting absolute **** here, the best thing for Australia is that their best batsman bats in the position where he scores most runs.
Only if there's actual reasons why batting that low helps his batting. Calling up voodoo stats doesn't stop the fact that in general, we have seen the wickets stop when Clarke comes in more often than not.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
How people can sit there and think DRS enhances the cricket watching experience is beyond me.
Sums it up. Ruins the spectator experience and, evidently, doesn't really solve that many contentious umpiring decisions. Would much rather Khawaja was just given out, everyone can have a whinge about the poor umpiring, and get on with the game. But I feel like it's kinda beating a dead horse at this point. Something has to change after this series.

91Jmay

International Coach
Holding's an excellent commentator, and Ian Healy is already the worst commentator in the world (Harsha Bhogle who is the worst human in the world aside) so that point is moot.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i wish we were in south africa so we could see images of people with their shirts off instead of images of plastic kangaroos

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, it's weird in that there's no discernible difference to Clarke batting 4 or batting 5 - he's hardly spending an extra hour in the pavilion when batting 5.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This really has been some knock from Chris Rogers today. Just fantastic stroke play mixed with solid defence. Been overshadowed by the Khawaja fiasco and more LolWatson stuff, but he's been great.

the big bambino

International Captain
Only if there's actual reasons why batting that low helps his batting. Calling up voodoo stats doesn't stop the fact that in general, we have seen the wickets stop when Clarke comes in more often than not.
:laugh: Voodoo stats. Mate he scored all his runs at 5.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Only the first four days sold out. Pathetic effort from the Manchester lot.

Well, obviously it's much harder to bat against the new ball if you're a natural middle order player like Clarke. You're far more likely to get jaffa's like the one he got form Jimmy at TB. I know he comes in early at five quite a lot, but I'd still prefer shielding him from the new ball as much as possible to maximise his output.

Reckon it's a bit of a mental thing as well. His first couple of first innings efforts in India were great, then he got a first baller as soon as he moved up to three.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Holding's an excellent commentator, and Ian Healy is already the worst commentator in the world (Harsha Bhogle who is the worst human in the world aside) so that point is moot.
Definitely don't think Holding is anywhere near as bad as Benchy makes out and I"ve argued with him about it before but in no way is he "excellent" either.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Social is a real "I trust my judgement from what I see on TV over Hawkeye" guy and spent the Trent Bridge test moaning about Rogers first innings dismissal, when the ball was smashing into leg stump, and the Bell overturn during his century, where the ball was missing leg stump.
Ahhhh no

Bell was definitely caught and every expert agreed with that

Rogers lbw was, at best, extremely marginal, as it was "only" clipping the very top and outside edge of the stumps from a ball delivered around the wicket

Riggins

International Captain
love rogers farming the strike while clarke is struggling. wouldn't see that from watto.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
what was he saying in the first test? "if the sheen's on the right side it ah um the sheen um"
Something about how the shine being on the inside meant that it swung in after drifting away. I actually thought he was onto something but it was quickly laughed at on CW.