• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Strauss chatting absolute **** here, the best thing for Australia is that their best batsman bats in the position where he scores most runs.
Indeed. And note that Holding is saying he was batting at five in great teams. Well, **** me, they must've had a decline these last few months...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not sure of serious, but I've not really seen it from those areas, more an occasional thing.
Was actually taking the piss about how much press they got given what they are. Was probably too subtle though.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
If Oz get 350+, my feeling is that we will be in pretty good shape

Wasn't here earlier but why was Bird left out?

Whilst I rate Starc as a major talent, IMO he isn't in the same class as a bowler atm
Bird and Siddle on this pitch was considered a little risky, Starc should get some swing

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Not sure what you're getting at.
Social is a real "I trust my judgement from what I see on TV over Hawkeye" guy and spent the Trent Bridge test moaning about Rogers first innings dismissal, when the ball was smashing into leg stump, and the Bell overturn during his century, where the ball was missing leg stump.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
It didn't actually change the decision though. Without DRS, Khawaja would've been out, people would've heard an noise at a similar time it passed the edge and only a few would've batted an eyelid. The issue with DRS is more that it doesn't change the situation enough at times. It rarely badly overturns a decision. Today wasn't a great advert for DRS, I'll admit, but the situation would be the same without it. It still corrects more than it gets wrong.
Clutching at straws here mate.That was just a poor decision that shouldn"t have been given out. All evidence pointed to the fact he miss it that's way enough to change the original decision.Didn"t they change Haddins decision in the first test?There"s more evidence to suggest Khawaja didn"t hit it than there was evidence to suggest Haddin hit it.Umpire heart and head must have told him that Khawaja didn't hit it, just wondering why then he gave it out.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Social is a real "I trust my judgement from what I see on TV over Hawkeye" guy and spent the Trent Bridge test moaning about Rogers first innings dismissal, when the ball was smashing into leg stump, and the Bell overturn during his century, where the ball was missing leg stump.
Ah ok, fair enough. Thought the "clutching at straws" bit was aimed at me.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you replace Michael Holding's voice with say Ian Healy's, he'd be the worst commentator in world cricket.

Burgey

Clarke plays and misses, shares a joke with Rogers "Lol, Carcinoma nicked his".

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Sorry Spark. Last replies :p

Clutching at straws here mate.That was just a poor decision that shouldn"t have been given out. All evidence pointed to the fact he miss it that's way enough to change the original decision.Didn"t they change Haddins decision in the first test?
Obviously it was a shocker. My point was more that DRS isn't the problem.

Ah ok, fair enough. Thought the "clutching at straws" bit was aimed at me.
Nah, don't worry :p

Spikey

fell over twice in his first 5 balls or so iirc and looked a bit like an lb chance. might just be trying to avoid that at all costs.
he'll do anything to make sure he isn't compared to shane watson