Page 2 of 252 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: *Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

I actually don't mind that, I don't see the harm in identifying Morgan as being a potential part of the leadership group were he actually good enough to hold down a place in the Test side.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    God knows, surely Ballance or Thakor would be a better bet than Morgan?
    Which brings us to today's trivia question, if Ballance does play.

When was the last time we had four players from Yorkshire CCC in the England test side?

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Thnik 3 has been the most as far as I could think, maybe a fourth if Hampshire, Boycs and Old + someone else played a test together but even then Im doubtful.

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    Found this one, not sure if there have been any after, I like this one though, because it includes a Bairstow.

Oh and Hildreth not getting mentioned by Cricinfo is clearly a disgrace.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Debutant
    Honestly not sure I could take the smugness of having 4 Yorkies in an England team - the way Alex Lees is going though its looking like almost a formality at some stage. Thakor is a big talent but isn't ready yet IMO. Both he and Lee's are two years away but could be fantastic players.

Kind of feel for touring teams in England they either get second rate teams to face or teams that just put out a reserve XI.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Found this one, not sure if there have been any after, I like this one though, because it includes a Bairstow.

Oh and Hildreth not getting mentioned by Cricinfo is clearly a disgrace.
    Why doesn't he get mentioned much nowadays? He used to year ago, even captained the Lions didn't he? Just a case of age now?

Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    Honestly not sure I could take the smugness of having 4 Yorkies in an England team - the way Alex Lees is going though its looking like almost a formality at some stage. Thakor is a big talent but isn't ready yet IMO. Both he and Lee's are two years away but could be fantastic players.
    I agree, but Cook's not done yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Why doesn't he get mentioned much nowadays? He used to year ago, even captained the Lions didn't he? Just a case of age now?

It was a couple of years ago when he looked next in line, but he did then have a horror season, and seems to be leap-frogged by many.

Can't be age as he's younger than Compo.

International Debutant
    Hildreth strikes the ball nicely but his technique is bad against the moving ball from what I've seen.

Well I've pretty much given up on him playing. Yet it did kind of annoy me when he scored two 50s against the Rabble, and it wasn't hardly mentioned.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Much as it pains me to admit but Yorkshire are doing something right with their development programs, if you look at the latest under 19 squad they have 5 from Yorkshire. None from Lancashire and we would be lucky if we have had more than a couple of selections in the past five years or so.

Cricket_434557a.jpg

Atherton's championing Bopara, we may now all point and laugh.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    I can't see Compton getting called up but can see him going to Australia in the winter as a spare bat. Think Taylor has done enough this season to deserve another chance and with the series almost won it makes sense not to risk KP and give him an extra week or so to get it right before he returns for either the 4th or 5th test depending how long he is out.

As for Australia god knows what they do, we know Pattinson is out and that the batting is terrible and putting so much pressure on the bowlers but do they bring Warner back, try Lyon, pick Bird as Patto's replacement? So many questions and not much time to sort it out. This tour is very similar to many England had in the 90's with injuries and a poor team getting thrashed, I expect it to continue here and England to wrap the series up.

For mine the answer to Pattinson being out is simple - bring in Bird. Would give Lyon a go too - Agar's batting in the First Test was nice to watch, but Lyon's probably more of a chance of taking wickets. Would probably give Warner a go at 6...
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

International Debutant
    I can see Warner going big at OT. Think he is a good player who has the character needed.

I can see Warner going big at OT. Think he is a good player who has the character needed.
    He has the potential to for sure, but he's just as likely go out for an ugly looking 12 as well.

I don't like nor do I rate Wanker Warner that highly but if he does play at OT (and surely he will) he is certainly more likely to score runs than any of their top/middle order apart from Clarke.

I'm just hoping the selection boys got a fat over Big Shows ton......be ****ing hilarious if he is brought in.

Page 2 of 252 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information