• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Absolute **** from Prior. Should have known that hid pad. Then again, maybe the review was just buying some time

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I don't get why people think Australia aren't having a go. We are making runs at 4.75 per over. Its quick going.
Yeah I don't get this either. This whole innings has been scored at a pretty quick pace given that it's test cricket and Cook's had defensive fields from like the 5th over, and Australia have lost 6 wickets. You'd think Australia was scoring at a normal pace by the way people are carrying on.

edit: As someone said earlier, there's no point in declaring and giving yourselves 120 overs to defend 280 or whatever, because it's probably not going to go that long if it gets to that point. To put it another way, what sort of fields would Clarke have to set defending 280 if England get off to a flier and are 80 for no loss after 25 overs? I think 20-25 overs tonight and a target of 340-350 is totally reasonable.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This is why they should've kept going in the first innings. They're trying to get quick runs with Siddle in and trickier batting conditions that could'e been got easily on day two.

L Trumper

State Regular
This is why they should've kept going in the first innings. They're trying to get quick runs with Siddle in and trickier batting conditions that could'e been got easily on day two.
then they might not have gotten root and bresnan on second evening. It goes both ways.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
If they go off for light when we might lose so much play because of weather, Australia would have a right to be ****ing pissed off.