• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Is it a bit interesting really that the Ashes are treated differently to every other series in world cricket. The possibility of drawing a series - even the other series that do have trophies like the Basil D'Oliveira, Border-Gavaskar etc - would be seen as significant if this wasn't the Ashes, but if England retain the trophy here then it'll be seen as a win for them.

I don't think it's a bad thing, but it is a funny quirk of cricket, particularly given the official rankings system that seems to be more and more treasured doesn't give two hoots about who holds each trophy.
I think there's a slightly different attitude this year; think Australia especially have been building towards holding the Ashes as the end of our summer (particularly with the Lehmann call).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't get why people think Australia aren't having a go. We are making runs at 4.75 per over. Its quick going.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Jimmy needed that. He'll be back to his normal self on Friday up in the ****ty north east

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think there's a slightly different attitude this year; think Australia especially have been building towards holding the Ashes as the end of our summer (particularly with the Lehmann call).
Well what makes it weird this time is that there's another serious in a few months. In my eyes, it makes the actual series result far more important in relation to who holds the urn than usual series where a draw would mean England held it for another year and a half.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
If only his cricket commentary was as good as he thinks his football commentary would be....

Seriously, I really don't get what's so funny about him coming up with football formations with extra players and comparing them to garlic bread. It's just mindless rambling. No one would find it amusing if the co-comentaors didn't react the way they did.
The work experience thing was funny tbf.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If only his cricket commentary was as good as he thinks his football commentary would be....

Seriously, I really don't get what's so funny about him coming up with football formations with extra players and comparing them to garlic bread. It's just mindless rambling. No one would find it amusing if the co-comentaors didn't react the way they did.
I found that bit funny because he made failed attempt at a Phoenix Nights reference.

I have still got a soft spot for him to be honest but can see why others don't.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Clarke going to cop a lot of **** for not declaring if the match ends in a draw with England in the 200s with 6 or more wickets down.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I found that bit funny because he made failed attempt at a Phoenix Nights reference.

I have still got a soft spot for him to be honest but can see why others don't.
Yeah, was a Phoenix Nights/Peter Kay stand-up reference. Just fluffed his lines by saying Naan not garlic bread. I think Bumble can be funny at times, like when the old guy was fixing the comm box earlier, but I think he's become a bit of a charicature of himself, and can be just plain annoying at times.