• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I really don't get where all the talk of watto being untouchable and treated like a top player in our side ever came from. He's never made big scores, never gone on with it what's the point of him being in the side? He rarely even hangs around long enough to bat in the new ball like some openers can claim.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't see Australia picking two spinners when the People's Champ can twirl a few down. But I think Lyon will play ahead of Agar. No real reason to think that, just a hunch on my part.

Daemon

Yeah but those same people picked Pattinson to play the third test ffs.
huh? why would you drop pattinson over just a couple of poor tests? he's a tremendous talent and i'd definitely have him playing in manchester.

lol jk

Top_Cat

AWTA. The bowling attack lacks spine, morale tends to fracture under the stress of a Test match. I'd definitely have him back.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
I really don't get where all the talk of watto being untouchable and treated like a top player in our side ever came from. He's never made big scores, never gone on with it what's the point of him being in the side? He rarely even hangs around long enough to bat in the new ball like some openers can claim.
But he contributes with the ball and takes 3 wickets per match and not too mention he scores some pretty 30"s which are more than valuable to a team who has no one who"ll do better than that at the top of the order.He should always be the second player picked and is our best opener since Katich.Its easier to drop the future in Hughes or Khawaja as neither have made a higher score than Watson in the series so far.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Australia's batting crisis can't be that bad if they're dropping a bloke who averages more than Cook, Trott, KP and Prior.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia's batting crisis can't be that bad if they're dropping a bloke who averages more than Cook, Trott, KP and Prior.
LOL, after 2 tests. I really hope they don't drop Twatto now and he plays out the series...........I'll bet my left nut that 3 out of 4 of those have a better average than him at the end of the 5 tests.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
LOL, after 2 tests. I really hope they don't drop Twatto now and he plays out the series...........I'll bet my left nut that 3 out of 4 of those have a better average than him at the end of the 5 tests.
Bet accepted.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I was talking about Hughes.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Watching the highlights of day 4 in Brisbane last time out and Cook's ton in the 2nd innings was jusr his 14th Test ton.