• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I'm worried about the game still. I shouldn't be, but I just feel one of these guys are due, and I still have doubts about our batting producing scores twice.
So you are thinking that England can get 400+ and Australia will collapse again for around 150 to set a target that England can chase down?

Could happen but not with this weather forecast. Draw or Aussie win from here with draw the strong favourite.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The pitch hasnt shown enough demons to think that we can run through you guys. So thats going to mean a lot of overs to be bowled. Even if we somehow got you out early enough to enforce the follow on I wouldnt be in favor of it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The pitch hasnt shown enough demons to think that we can run through you guys. So thats going to mean a lot of overs to be bowled. Even if we somehow got you out early enough to enforce the follow on I wouldnt be in favor of it.
The forecast suggests we probably won't get any play on day five. If that's true you pretty much have to make England follow on to have a chance.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The forecast suggests we probably won't get any play on day five. If that's true you pretty much have to make England follow on to have a chance.
Yep, I think Oz have a big advantage in having Smith, Clarke and Warner, in their side on this pitch, they could certainly bowl a fair few overs between them, be threatening, and give the other bowlers a rest. Two leggies, and an a SLA, would keep England thinking.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Aussies wearing sweaters in these temperatures, proof that they are soft as **** and can't handle the cold

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
You want Lyon bowling after Starceh runs all over the pitch as well, probably bring him on after drinks