• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the current Australian squad gets sacked, who would you replace them with?

outbreak

First Class Debutant
for curiosities sake, imagine the current squad all get fired for forgetting to do their homework or something and your asked to make up a replacement squad of 15 players.
Who would you select?

Riggins

International Captain
Cosgrove
Klinger
Silk
Doolan
Ferguson
McDonald (c)
Paine
O'Keefe
Hazelwood
Cummins
Sayers

Marsh
Hartley
Copeland
Butterworth

Justo

U19 Debutant
Replace Silk with Voges or Bailey and Ferguson with Burns and the above would probably be my choice. Doolan would swap batting positions with whoever replaces Silk.

The team would probably perform worse than the current Australia side though IMO.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Katich (c)
Maddinson
Doolan
Cosgrove
Voges
Ferguson
McDonald
Paine
O'Keefe
Hazelwood
Cummins

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would replace them with:

1 Mark COSGROVE
2 Nic MADDINSON
3 Alex DOOLAN
4 Simon KATICH (c)
5 George BAILEY (vc)
6 Moises HENRIQUES
7 Tim PAINE
8 Mitchell JOHNSON
9 Nathan COULTER-NILE
10 Patrick CUMMINS
11 Fawad AHMED

12 Josh HAZELWOOD
13 Joe BURNS
14 Ben HILFENHAUS
15 Adam VOGES

SA pair Sayers and Ferguson are a bit unlucky along with Hartley and maybe SMarsh.

Katich WOULD come back I think.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cosgrove
Maddinson
Katich
Doolan
Voges
Henriques
McDonald
Paine
Johnson
Hilfenhaus
Ahmed

Cummins
Hazlewood
O'Keefe
Bailey
Hartley

Yes that is 16 players, but that's the size of the current squad anyway.

Ruckus

International Captain
Maddinson
Cosgrove
Katich
Dussey
Doolan
Bailey
Paine
Ahmed
Butterworth
Cummins
Hilfenhaus

Riggins

International Captain
if you're picking katich you may as well pick ponting and hussey. and then you're batting is better than the first xi too.

morgieb

if you're picking katich you may as well pick ponting and hussey. and then you're batting is better than the first xi too.
They're retired, Katich isn't.

I could see Ponting coming back if he was asked, but Hussey wouldn't.

Riggins

International Captain
isn't katich is retired from shield cricket which is a prerequisite for international selection?

flibbertyjibber

Sorry, I used to play cricket with a one eyed epileptic, he was a good bowler but once or twice a season he would forget to take his medication and collapse on the field. We'd just put him in recovery position and carry on with the game, though the best one was when his wife did the teas, she just came out shouting at him for not taking his meds and was kicking him as he lay on floor.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Katich *
Robson/Cosgrove
Maddinson
Burns
Bailey
McDonald [4/5]
Nevill +
Copeland [1]
Cummins [3]
Hilfenhaus [2]
Fawad [5/4]

Doolan
Voges
O'Keefe
Sayers
Hazelwood
Butterworth

Extended squad since Cummins/Hazelwood guaranteed to break down.