• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Merv

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Merv

As England take a 2-0 lead in the Ashes, and James Pattinson is ruled out for the rest of the series, how Australia must wish they had someone like Merv Hughes to call on.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So much love for Merv. He was a superb bowler for us in the latter part of his career. Top piece as always mate

HeathDavisSpeed

I hasten to add that I watched him as a young teenager at Lord's in 1993 (I think) and he played up to the group of us as we all told our stories about scary Merv Hughes, and he - standing right in front of us - turned around and shot us the Hughes stare and later a cheeky wink. What a legend.

social

About 10 years ago, I went to a function where Merv was the speaker and he gave CA and young cricketers in Oz a massive spray

Every word has proven true

Quality bowler, top bloke, **** selector

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I like Merv but I'd rather we had bats the caliber of Law or Love to call on. They would walk into this Aussie lineup.