• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pattinson Out of the Rest of the Series

jan

State Vice-Captain
Is there a list of AUS players out of the series? I suspect it might get quite long by the end of the series.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guy is injury prone, talented but a crock. Feel for him but he must have missed more tests than he's played now.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Big blow to Australia, not sure where runs will come from now
Team selection will be a bit interesting. You would assume they would have been considering Lyon for Agar, but if they go Bird for Pattinson it does make their tail noticibly weaker...Faulkner a chance?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's not such a big hit considering that Harris is performing and they're reasonably similar bowlers.

I'm really excited to see Bird being given an opportunity. Surely they won't revert to Starc?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I hate the idea of picking left armers if we don't play Lyon, it gives Swann a big advantage. I still think Bird could do the job, but a tail of Siddle, Harris, Bird, Lyon is probably gonna really hurt us.

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Stress fracture of the lower back, that obviously sounds serious,

Sucks balls for him and Oz but this was so predictable, what is it with these Oz bowlers being made out of glass?

burr

State Vice-Captain
I feel bad for him more than anything else. You feel like this will end up being the story of his career.

flibbertyjibber

Sucks balls for him and Oz but this was so predictable, what is it with these Oz bowlers being made out of glass?
Learnt it all from Bruce Reid.

Very sad though, hope it not serious but you do worry as he is injury prone.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I hate the idea of picking left armers if we don't play Lyon, it gives Swann a big advantage. I still think Bird could do the job, but a tail of Siddle, Harris, Bird, Lyon is probably gonna really hurt us.
I wouldn't let that stop you. Although they added a bit of gloss onto the loss in the first test, realistically the strength of Australia's tail is not going to make a big difference. If you're to win a match in this series, then the runs have to come from the top. Should that happen, you need the best bowlers available to take advantage, regardless of their batting talents.

Sucks for Pattinson and Aus. As a kiwi, I have huge empathy for a struggling team that's always losing it's best bowlers/players to injury. Hope he's right in time for the return series.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year

They are young and they don't strengthen up anymore, they rest or play t20, hence they break down all the goddamned time, Siddle is the only one we keep on the park, and oh what's that? No t20 for him? No ODIs either? sounds like a good idea...

Burgey

Siddle's older. The rest are all young, around the same age. It was the whole idea behind the rotation policy, to stop stress related injuries. It's a shame, the bloke is a potentially great bowler.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Pattinson doesn't play that much limited overs cricket anyway. Isn't in the Australian one day setup much and didn't play in the Big Bash last year even though he could've. Cummins is the real issue when it comes to too much T20. That record is scary when you look at the matches played per format.

With Pattinson I'm starting to think he should just play every odd numbered test. I.e. miss the Adelaide and Melbourne tests in the return series.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They are young and they don't strengthen up anymore, they rest or play t20, hence they break down all the goddamned time, Siddle is the only one we keep on the park, and oh what's that? No t20 for him? No ODIs either? sounds like a good idea...
Siddle also played virtually no cricket between the Ashes in 2009 and the return series due to getting stress fractures.

And this injury is exactly why not enforcing the follow on was the correct call.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
In the England setup its only really Tremlett who is an injury liability. He'd play every game if he was fit, ala Harris. I don't know whether its game management or just luck though.