• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pattinson Out of the Rest of the Series

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
arguably England.
WTF?? "Arguably England"??? Are seriously suggesting it is debatable if Mitchell Johnson would make this current England side???

Mate we've just dropped Finn for throwing up too many puss balls......at least he can land it on the wicket!!. Have you seriously forgotten just how **** Johnson is?? Worst bowler to have taken more than 200 test wickets IMO

91Jmay

International Coach
Indeed. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't play him for Australia, but the only sides he shouldn't be making are Australia, South Africa and arguably England.
There are about 4 seamers not in the current test squad I would have before Johnson.

Expressway76

U19 Vice-Captain
Mate we've just dropped Finn for throwing up too many puss balls......at least he can land it on the wicket!!. Have you seriously forgotten just how **** Johnson is?? Worst bowler to have taken more than 200 test wickets IMO

He's joint 11th in the "Fastest to 200 wickets" list too.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
We already have enough trouble winning test matches, we don't need to add Johnson to our woes.

I'd take Bracewell, Wagner and quite a few others ahead of him. Sure when he's on he's on and is one of the best bowlers in the world, but more often than not he's more diabolical than the poorest displays Wagner or Bracewell have shown. We simply don't score enough runs to be able to afford Johnson. And it's not as though either Wagner or Bracewell have their spot nailed down or are likely to keep it. Both need to show something more if they don't want to be replaced in the next 12 months.

I think quite a few other countries would be dubious about taking him on as well. I'd say Sri Lanka would be keen to have him out of desperation but I don't see the West Indies or Pakistan lining up to get him.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yup, and NZ need to have four reliable bowlers so that they can maintain the 7-4 split, rather than pulling in a fifth bowler. And Johnson wouldn't give them that security.

Bushranger

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hope Patto can come back and make a successful debut during the home series.
Im the same he's a Victorian you gotta love him. Thanks Bill. We have some depth now at Pace attack though dont we, but to lose him it hurts. I really dont think English fans know just how many we have missing out.
Cummins
Bird
Faulkner
Cutting
Mennie

Riggins

International Captain
what? 2 of those guys are fit and 2 of them are just ****. actually isn't cummins fit aswell?