• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pattinson Out of the Rest of the Series

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He'd probably have bowled better than Pattinson at Lord's.
Even with a stress fracture Pattinson's better than Johnson. We should just play Bird, Starc's there and at least he can get the seam upright. The closest Johnson should get to the test team is to be made an honorary member of the Australian Cricket Family so he can get tickets to watch the home series early.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Pretty shameful how Australian fans snipe at a guy who played a huge part in the last Test they won against England. Some time ago, I know, but still...

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty shameful how Australian fans snipe at a guy who played a huge part in the last Test they won against England. Some time ago, I know, but still...
How many tests has he helped them lose though?? 1 good Ashes showing in Perth does not make up for the countless displays of rubbish Mitch Johnson has put up over the years. He's fair game I reckon.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, no one should have to put up with his ****, it's like saying England fans should be grateful to Finn, but worse really.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How many tests has he helped them lose though?? 1 good Ashes showing in Perth does not make up for the countless displays of rubbish Mitch Johnson has put up over the years. He's fair game I reckon.
He did help them win at Headingley too. He has been a major force in both their wins in the last two series, sadly for Australia though he has also been a major force in many more losses. If he plays a test again it has to be Perth this winter.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He did help them win at Headingley too. He has been a major force in both their wins in the last two series, sadly for Australia though he has also been a major force in many more losses. If he plays a test again it has to be Perth this winter.
Though he no doubt contributed at Headingley, Clark and Siddle were miles better and it was Clark's spell on the first morning that basically ended the game as a contest there and then

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
If I called up a player they'd picked before it'd definitely be Hilfenhaus.
I feel they treated him really weirdly. Got dropped after the last Ashes, then recalled despite doing absolutely nothing in the time, which lead to the infamous Spikey rant. He then dominated for a couple of series, had a meh couple of tests against South Africa, then got injured in Hobart and wasn't considered again.

Valer

First Class Debutant
I feel they treated him really weirdly. Got dropped after the last Ashes, then recalled despite doing absolutely nothing in the time, which lead to the infamous Spikey rant. He then dominated for a couple of series, had a meh couple of tests against South Africa, then got injured in Hobart and wasn't considered again.
Wasn't fit for the India selections. As for the ashes he was out bowled by faulkner in the shield. Thats pretty damning tbh.

18w @19.5 for faulkner in 4 matches , Hilf had 18@ 24 (over the same 4)/ 22 @24 over all.

I can see him being in contention for the return leg if he has a good start to the season tho. Or hell even if he doesn't.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was also the last time he played well wasn't it? The bloke's hopeless - a once in a generation player who couldn't work out how to bowl throughout the duration of that generation. Sure, he's 150kph and hopeless, but I never want to sit in front of a TV set again and watch him bowl it everywhere.

Daemon

Bit harsh, a number of other countries would readily accept him in their test xi.

morgieb

Bit harsh, a number of other countries would readily accept him in their test xi.
Indeed. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't play him for Australia, but the only sides he shouldn't be making are Australia, South Africa and arguably England.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah I'd probably take him over Bracewell or Wagner right now, although Bracewell has a higher ceiling.

Really we need to be getting Milne in there.