This deserves its own thread, since I'm sick of trying to piece together this Byzantine intrigue across multiple threads and forums. It's too entertaining not to be centralised.
I expect profligate contributions from Backlash.
Let's start with the faction speculations:
- Khawaja (the establishment has found reasons not to play him since the South Africa series)
- Maxwell (speculative, but birds of a feather etc.)
- Mitchell Johnson (homeworkgate)
- Mitch Marsh (at the Walkabout against team decree)
- Clint McKay (see Marsh)
- Lyon (repeatedly gypped by Clarke with being dropped in India, apparently a conscientious objector regarding Hussey's retirement venue and stayed in the dressing-room with him while Clarke partied on Packer's yacht)
- Alan Jones
- Hughes (protected species)
- Cowan (teacher's pet)
- Rogers (at least since Twatto wasted his review)
- Rad Haddin (owes his VC elevation - and really, his Test spot - to Watson's insubordination)
- Smith (see Hughes, but on a lesser scale)
- Watto's front pad
Unaligned (or insufficient intel):
- Lehmann (nominal loyalty to Clarke but inked in Watto for all five Tests without his consent)
- Siddle (hardworking big-hearted workhorse, but did same as Lyon re: Mr. Cricket's sendoff)
- Pattinson (homework not submitted but did some fine grovelling while fronting the media)
- Warner (pissed off Clarke with indiscretions but dobbed in by Watto for the Walkabout Affair)
- Wade (no conflict of interest either way, was rightfully dropped for being ****)
Insider rumours welcome. Looking at you, vic and Cribbage's grade mates.