• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian Cricketing Politics thread.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Didn't realize BBL stops SS for 2 months yet that doesn't happen on India or England. What a ****ing joke.

Riggins

International Captain
Hughes was at the Walkabout also. What this about Lyon and Husseys farewell?
false rumour about clarke and co going to a function on a yacht after the last day of hussey's retirement test instead of staying in the changerooms.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The BBL season doesn't start until after the Perth Test tbf, but late season SS won't come soon enough for the SA test tour, which leaves us bent over and ready to be ****ed.

91Jmay

International Coach
I think 20/20 does stop CC for a while over here as well, its why England had to play Essex as none of our players could play CC.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah.. I think India would do the same if they had to.. We just luck out with being able to have "cricket weather" almost throughout the year :)

G.I.Joe

International Coach
yeah.. I think India would do the same if they had to.. We just luck out with being able to have "cricket weather" almost throughout the year :)
We don't really have cricket weather all through the year, tbh. April/May is no time to be playing cricket in India. It's insanely hot. The only cricket I remember watching around that period pre-IPL was that random tri-series where we hosted Bangladesh and Kenya once. On the bright side, we can count ourselves lucky it's only the IPL being played at that time now, and not the domestic season being pushed forward to accommodate an IPL in the prime winter months.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We don't really have cricket weather all through the year, tbh. April/May is no time to be playing cricket in India. It's insanely hot. The only cricket I remember watching around that period pre-IPL was that random tri-series where we hosted Bangladesh and Kenya once. On the bright side, we can count ourselves lucky it's only the IPL being played at that time now, and not the domestic season being pushed forward to accommodate an IPL in the prime winter months.

yeah I reckon that was the point of that article on Cricinfo as well, that they did not move the Ranji Trophy to enable scheduling their T20 league, which is what CA are doing.. God, I didn't think there would be a day when CA made BCCI look better.. :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
So they just play all games at night and everything is hunky dory?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I have no significant experience of the UAE to draw on. Cricket shouldn't be played in April/May in India, but they fact is they play anyway. The players do get paid staggering amounts for 20 over games, so that's preferable to pushing forward the premier domestic tournament to that period. The players have the option of opting out of the IPL. It wouldn't be a valid choice if it were the Ranji being played instead.

Last edited: