• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why does everyone hate Shane Watson?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Obviously nobody is going to love him as much as he loves himself, but why all the ill-feeling?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i'm sure if i can track down that north-clarke captain thread I'll see speculation watson was in clarke's crew...

talk that was warner was in team watson is fan speculation (by a minority of fans at that) that only just started. i think the theory behind warner being in team watson was 'cause watson got punished for doing something wrong? and therefore must hate clarke?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I hate Shane Watson because he is given leverage over other players for no good reason, I also hate the way he is clearly enormously talented but has failed to fix some technical flaws that have been limiting him for years now.

Riggins

International Captain
i'm sure if i can track down that north-clarke captain thread I'll see speculation watson was in clarke's crew...

talk that was warner was in team watson is fan speculation (by a minority of fans at that) that only just started. i think the theory behind warner being in team watson was 'cause watson got punished for doing something wrong? and therefore must hate clarke?
i think davey warner's bro's tweets would suggest he is not part of the watson faction.

Last edited:

Valer

First Class Debutant
Best Australian batsman, should be captain. Drop Clarke.
#shanewatsonthoughts.

Seriously tho the reason he doesn't have support for this is he just hasn't been putting up the numbers. Clarke has/d been.

Edit2: I think one of them has to go and have a clean out and as much I'm possibly the biggest watto fan on this forum I don't think you can justify keeping team watto.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I can see the attraction as a cricket player, but he really doesn't have too many redeeming features as a human being, does he?

He's selfish, he's a sook, he's patently not the deepest thinker, he's a tattle tale and he's afraid of the boogie man.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh Watto :wub:

I reckon Watto should retire from tests and just play ODI and T20. I love watching him in those but I can take or leave the test matches.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
3 reasons I hate him

- He is a massive ****.

- He is selected to bat in the top 6 (usually opener) for Australia. But his batting average is worse than Scott Styris and Ravi Shastri. He is a crap batsman.

- He is a massive ****.