• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "I told you so" and "I was wrong" Thread.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the score would be 0-900 if Bird takes 0-150, this isn't Bryce McGain
Harris and Lyon break down in their first overs. Siddle bowls unchanged from one end for the whole innings while Bird, Watson, Smith and Warner juggle the remaining overs. Eng 550-3 dec. 3 wickets for Smith.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Harris and Lyon break down in their first overs. Siddle bowls unchanged from one end for the whole innings while Bird, Watson, Smith and Warner juggle the remaining overs. Eng 550-3 dec. 3 wickets for Smith.
That could be nasty

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
He's played very few List A games. I know people quite reasonably argue that playing too much short-form cricket is bad for a spinner's development, but when it comes to dealing with very aggressive batsmen it must surely work against him to some extent.
Helps him limit damage, doesn't help him get wickets.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
3 wickets for Australia's front-line spinners now, 19 for Swann. It's a difference between the sides that hasn't been commented on as much as the batting.
There should be a heap of people in this thread saying they were wrong about Swann.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Told all my friends before the start of the series that Smiffy would make the XI and perform well.

Tim, Nick and Michael: If you are reading this, SUCK IT! I told you so, SMiffy 4 eva.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't remember that far back, but I'm reasonably sure I've been right about everything, and wrong about nuffink......

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He profited from the pressure that the seamers created, but I think he deserves that to be honest.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Benchy to admit:

a) he was wrong about Rogers not being a good selection; and
b) he was wrong about Rogers not being a ***y man.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, rogers' haters should man up.

Gonna admit I was wrong about Lyon being mediocre. He's just inconsistent.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I was wrong about Khawaja, he is no better than anyone in tough conditions, was correct about Rogers though, knew he was worth picking