• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hope for us after the first test, given our best batsman didn't do anything. Though given how close it was, it could work both ways.

91Jmay

International Coach
Finn out Onions in for me, but they won't do it. Given a straight shoot between Finn and Bressa I would still plump for Finn. We need to make a faster, bouncer pitch at Lords though. Suits our batters and bowlers better.

Burgey

Finn out Onions in for me, but they won't do it. Given a straight shoot between Finn and Bressa I would still plump for Finn. We need to make a faster, bouncer pitch at Lords though. Suits our batters and bowlers better.
That works both ways tbh.

Ruckus

International Captain
Warner in if available, Bird in for Starc and Harris in for Patto unless the later is totally fine. Agar stays, sorry Lyon, but his batting is too damn valuable atm.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Warner in if available, Bird in for Starc and Harris in for Patto unless the later is totally fine. Agar stays, sorry Lyon, but his batting is too damn valuable atm.
Replace Pattinson? I get the fitness angle but Australia really can't afford to lose a lower order batsman like him.

Ruckus

International Captain
Harris isn't bad with the bat himself. Not as good as Pattinson, but not a mug either. Bird for Starc is the big difference, but it's not important enough to dictate whose picked. We need our top order batsmen to score some runs, or we are buggered.

Burgey

Pattinson finished the test as strongly as he started it. Unless he's injured he has to play.

If Brumber's post re Warner is on the money, I could see him batting six with Hughes to three. Would think about the People's Champ at four and Clarke five tbh.

Burgey

Harris isn't bad with the bat himself. Not as good as Pattinson, but not a mug either. Bird for Starc is the big difference, but it's not important enough to dictate whose picked. We need our top order batsmen to score some runs, or we are buggered.
Four of the top six got 50 or more this game didn't they?

Ruckus

International Captain
Four of the top six got 50 or more this game didn't they?
They did ok in this match, and not really any worse than the English top 7, but we can't get into a situation like in the first innings again. The tail isn't going to be able to bail them out like that very often.

morgieb

In fact before 2007/08 Harris was an all-rounder.

But his bowling was awful back then. One of the most shocking turnarounds ever?