• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
there was a very small hotspot imo. but the angle of the bat made things a bit difficult

Uppercut

there was a very small hotspot imo. but the angle of the bat made things a bit difficult
I thought that might have already been there on the bat before. Definite noise though.

Surprised so many people think it should've been overturned.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Is that a tiny mark on hot spot? It's hard to tell.

That's a ridiculously faint edge either way. One of the smallest snicko makrs I've seen for an edge. Still not 100% convinced.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought that might have already been there on the bat before. Definite noise though.

Surprised so many people think it should've been overturned.
I honestly would've overturned it, then I would've felt sick in the stomach after seeing the snicko. He's hit that.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
In a bar so no sound and not the best view. It looked out but was the apparent hotspot flash on the bat actually on the ball from where it pitched and gave the illusion of a hotspot on the bat?

91Jmay

International Coach
For all those moaning about DRS, remember it was given out on the field,so no DRS and Hughes is still out.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
the technology says it's not out, if your not going to trust it why the **** do you use it in the first place

Uppercut

In a bar so no sound and not the best view. It looked out but was the apparent hotspot flash on the bat actually on the ball from where it pitched and gave the illusion of a hotspot on the bat?
It wasn't any more obvious from here. Snicko reckons he hit it though. Definitely correct not to overturn.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, that's what I thought. I would've overturned it. Additional evidence seems to suggest he's hit it now though. Great decision.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
What's the point of DRS? Honestly. The whole "not enough evidence to overturn" thing completely defeats the purpose of having the ability to review the decision and use technology to overrule the umpire, and there's no consistency in interpretation. Does the umpire's call stand if there's no hotspot/noise? Or does it not? Absolutely pointless.

Should really add snicko to the technology available too since it seems to make the final call so often in TV viewing.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hot spot is just **** and is always the source of these controversies, we need immediate snicko and all this crap will stop.

Good decision in the end.