Page 93 of 273 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 4092
Like Tree336Likes

Thread: *Official* Second Test at Lord's

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    i'm not like liking the tone re Smith's fulltoss wicket. I mean, it shouldn't've got a wicket, but it's not like it was a gimmie 4. It's the kinda ball that can get you a wicket if a batsman isn't careful, and if the batsman is careful he probably plays it along the ground to the bowler who fields. Should bowl it more tbh. Much better than the junk James "Mitchell Johnson" Pattinson bowled.
    Smith gets quite a lot of dip too, so there's a good chance that Bairstow thought it would be a lot higher than it really was. Have seen him bowl quite a number of balls which look like rank full bungers out of the hand, only to dip drastically and end up having to be patted back down the pitch, either as one of those fullish deliveries which are really, really dangerous to drive at if there's a ring field or a low full toss as was the case here.

Ofc these balls often came interspersed with some actual rank full bungers as well.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sphynx View Post
    According to the twitter, he has something wrong with his hip.

I'm not too concerned, Agar is an all-rounder in my books, so long as he contributes with either the bat or the ball, he's a 19 year old kid that needs experience and is only going to get better, he deserves his place in the side.

Despite the extra innings, Agar is still the third highest run scorer in this series, to a side with a brittle batting lineup, he isn't going anywhere.

I've not seen much from him as a bowler yet to call him an all rounder to be honest. He probably should stay in your side, but if he doesn't take wickets at Old Trafford that should be a real concern. Also the bolded is utterly irrelevant, its the 5th innings of the series for christ sake.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    I've not seen much from him as a bowler yet to call him an all rounder to be honest. He probably should stay in your side, but if he doesn't take wickets at Old Trafford that should be a real concern. Also the bolded is utterly irrelevant, its the 5th innings of the series for christ sake.

Well he should have one less wicket than Swann.

Is Swan a real concern?

Considering how the you guys keep telling us how completely hopeless the Aus batting lineup is, surely he should be pulling michelle's out of everywhere, especially on spinning decks.

Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    think he had an injured finger first test and a hip injury this test. I thought Lyon was ok but compared to our recent spinners Agar hasn't look far behind though when he is bowling well and fit. I think a lot of spinners over here are stuck in containing roles in juniours/club cricket and aren't used for attack which needs to change.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    The term "michelle" to denote a five-wicket haul is massively overused IMO.
    Hurricane and BeeGee like this.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

State Vice-Captain
    How bad was Pattinson? Really disappointing; down on pace, total scatter-gun. Is he carrying a niggle by any chance?

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Pattinson carried a virus into the match. I suppose they are thinking he'll come good as the match progresses and be important, but gee he struggled yesterday.

He was hitting 150kph against India, hasn't gotten near that so far this series. He won't stay down for long though.
    Last edited by 3703; 18-07-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    didnt one of the bowlers have a virus
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    The ball to Prior was just amazing. People criticise Prior's shot but what's he supposed to do? Tap wide half-trackers from a part-timer back to the bowler just in case they're actually an inch-perfect flipper?

Bowlers don't get enough credit for deliveries that exploit aggressive techniques. People are too quick to just write the dismissal off as a rash shot.
    Yeah, it looked like he was attempting a flipper sort of delivery. It might not have come off like early Warne but the idea was sound and well enough executed to get a wicket. Bowler's wicket tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by 3703 View Post
    Pattinson carried a virus into the match. I suppose they are thinking he'll come good as the match progresses and be important, but gee he struggled yesterday.

He was hitting 150kph against India, hasn't gotten near that so far this series. He won't stay down for long though.
    Yeah he was bowling at 82-ish all day. Well, well off his best but not too worried tbh.

did the crowd accidentally boo Anderson?

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Yeah he was bowling at 82-ish all day. Well, well off his best but not too worried tbh.
    82kph? operating at ajdude-esque speeds
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    s
    ^real tearjerker from this cock

On a scale of 1-100 how much is Burgey tasting re: Ian Bell?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Posting pics as small as your penis

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    On a scale of 1-100 how much is Burgey tasting re: Ian Bell?

Another ton on a flat deck. Whoppee do. Everyone saying this is a 450+ deck, don't then turn around and laud the muppet's efforts here. His effort last week (though dropped in the 60s or so) was better and I've already given him credit for it, ****.

Bell making back-to-back tons is like that basketball kid in the States shooting three pointers.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Thread Information