• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

91Jmay

International Coach
England are on top and building a partnership so Bell flicking a length ball to midwicket to spark a collapse is due.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How many spinners bowl no balls really?

Hardly a major rule - I've been advocating it for years (along with earpieces linking the umpires to the stump mics)
Agreed, but TBH people that don't like Tech aren't going to like it. The no-ball getting a hit thing very rarely happens, if you like it so much advocate the back-foot no-ball.

Just think letting the third ump do it, gives the ump more time to look at the actual big decisions.

Glorious from Bell:wub:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Getting third umpires to check the front foot wouldn't completely deviate the umpires attention away from the crease, because there's still the back foot no balls. But I agree it would help.

Ruckus

International Captain
He was just as bad in his first innings on debut. Cleaned up with 5/20 or something in the second dig though.
I would have put that at the top a while ago, but I think this just tips it now. His debut first innings troubles can obv be explained by nerves too.

Ruckus

International Captain
Was bound to happen. Not many young bowlers start as well as him and maintain it.
I don't actually think this is going to be a frequent occurrence though. Pattinson isn't your standard 30 average bowler for mine, I genuinely think he is pretty talented. Think he is just having a bit of a shocker.

Ruckus

International Captain
i feel like he bowled at least one good spell in that innings/on that day though
yeah, they were far better bowling conditions, but even still I don't even recall him beating the bat today more than maybe once or twice.

91Jmay

International Coach
I don't actually think this is going to be a frequent occurrence though. Pattinson isn't your standard 30 average bowler for mine, I genuinely think he is pretty talented. Think he is just having a bit of a shocker.
Agreed, think Pattison is going to stay around 25-27 for his career. This is an abberation, no more.