• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
yeah i don't have a problem with the batsman not being out if it was a no ball, but it just ****s me that only the wicket balls get called now. i wasn't really listening but didn't the comms say they went back and checked and siddle had bowled 3 in the spell that weren't called or something? **** me, if you call the first one when it actually happens, he probably takes his mark back six inches and it doesn't result in the farce that is a guy getting recalled. ****.
Nah they said he bowled three (called) no balls in the first Test.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That... would not work. Unless it could be fully automated somehow. Seriously though, if drs is for the 'howler', front foot no balls too close to be called on the field don't really seem to fall within that field.
I wouldn't have the on field umpire adjudicate them at all, let him concentrate fully on what's about to happen at the other end.

3rd umpire gets the side on TV view and adjudicates. If it's fine, he doesn't need to say anything. If it's a no ball, a quick word in the umpire's ear and it can be signalled. If it's tight, he lets the on field umpire know and he takes a 2nd look at it.

Ruckus

International Captain
Is there any reason a lot of bowlers go so ridiculously close to the line? I mean is a half a foot back from it really gonna make any difference?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
A bit of a soft session all round. Australia still quite a distance ahead but a half decent recovery by England. England need to go the final session without losing a wicket for this game to be back in the balance. Aus dressing room must be feeling good right now.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't have the on field umpire adjudicate them at all, let him concentrate fully on what's about to happen at the other end.

3rd umpire gets the side on TV view and adjudicates. If it's fine, he doesn't need to say anything. If it's a no ball, a quick word in the umpire's ear and it can be signalled. If it's tight, he lets the on field umpire know and he takes a 2nd look at it.
You've got a lot more faith than I do that they could call each ball in time without delaying the next one. Absolutely nothing wrong with having it called on the field. Who the hell cares about marginal no balls?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there any reason a lot of bowlers go so ridiculously close to the line? I mean is a half a foot back from it really gonna make any difference?
Yeah, Anderson lands with half his foot behind the line as does Harris. Best bowlers in the two sides, coincidence?

BeeGee

International Captain

And the batsman never gets the chance to have a free hit? I know there isn't time to change your shot on a no ball call against the quicks, but you certainly can against the spinners.

It would be a major rule change.

ajdude

International Coach
nah look these ****s are using god mode

lehmann needs to noclip over to bairstow and give him a spray