• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Bairstow needs to man up today, tbh even if he does i want Root gone from opening, the whole situation is complete bull****.

Flower had a major fail not backing Compton before the home NZ series, the bloke had done more than enough in his first 7 tests to be told hes starting at Trent Bridge, instead he had uneeded and unnessacary pressure heaped on him against NZ, great management there really ****ing great!.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair, everyone always bangs on about Trott being the man for a crisis but he's not actually done it for a while either. I'm backing Bairstow to come good as I really think it's last chance saloon for him in this test a la Paul Collingwood Edgbaston 2008 vs SA.
You think they would drop him if he failed twice here? I can see the logic but I wouldnt be keen on chopping and changing mid series, especially as England can be no worse than level.