• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Since the game was virtually done after Australia's batting on Friday, it's very, very dire that he picked up the injury after that.

91Jmay

International Coach
Starc or Bird? Starc gives more variation but the rough he would create works massively in Englands favour.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A little shocked that Lehmann has ruled out a call-up of Kateesh for TB considering his solid T20 form for Lancs.

Last edited:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
A little shocked that Lehmann has ruled out a call-up of Kateesh for TB considering his solid T20 form for Lancs.
rekon katich ruled it out himself, he didn't exactly leave quietly and from what I hear isn't happy with most players in the team and staff

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starc or Bird? Starc gives more variation but the rough he would create works massively in Englands favour.
We've got a lot of lefties though. If Lyon plays the rough Starc creates might actually help our blokes as there are a lot more right handers in England's line up.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
We've got a lot of lefties though. If Lyon plays the rough Starc creates might actually help our blokes as there are a lot more right handers in England's line up.
The issue with Starc is that he spends half the ****ing time bowling around the wicket! Okay, maybe not half, but he definitely does it more than he should if we are going to pick him to help Lyon.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I almost think the rough negates the quality diffence in the spinners too (yeah, yeah, Lyon's better, but lets assume otherwise for now) Any decent spinner who puts some revs on the ball is going to cause issues when it lands in the rough. When there's nothing out there, that's when other factors and overall bowler skill plays apart. Obviously it's all irrelevant if Agar plays though.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So happy to see Ryan Harris come back after a long injury and grab 5 wickets. Hope he remains fit for a while now with Pattinson gone.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
So happy to see Ryan Harris come back after a long injury and grab 5 wickets. Hope he remains fit for a while now with Pattinson gone.
Optimist.

He's an injury waiting to happen - as is Pattinson it appears.

And personally I feel that Pattinson's hype is ahead of the reality. In like for like conditions I'm content that Broad, Bresnan or Finn would beat him.

Maybe they have approached Katich and he's told them 'no way'. I would. He wouldn't bother England much anyway I reckon.

Clarke has to bat 4 - it's the only way Australia have a chance to control an innings.

Hughes can't open because he struggles with the ball into his ribs.

Watson shouldn't open but he'll throw his toys if he's moved down the order. An ego well above hiss achievements.

Smith is a number 8 pushed up the order - and a Club bowler.

If Agar had been (correctly) given out stumped early at Trent Bridge would he have played at Lords? I doubt he'll play at Old Trafford but Lyon won't worry England overmuch. They handled the Indian spinners - who outbowled Lion - well enough.

At some point Cook, Trott and (if fit) KP will get scores - and they tend to 'go big' when they do.

Taylor is in form and the obvious call if KP is out. Glad the "Compton should open, not Root' gang are silenced. Compton ain't that good.

If his bowling is going well this season Adil Rashid could be a lovely left field pick for Old Trafford. The Selectors have made to odd call like this. Rashid is a superior version of Smith.

If the relaid Old Trafford pitches are getting some of the old bounce back it could suit Finn more than Bresnan.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wrong.

I've watched him in his other Tests - and stand bymy view.
You watched him in his other ten Tests, in which he took 40 wickets @ 23 bowling fast, hostile outswingers, and you think Finn and Bresnan would "beat him in like for like conditions"?

At this point I actually think it'd be far less embarrassing for you if you hadn't seen him play those games than if you had and still thought that. Your post really was just full of annoying, untrue cliches about a variety of players.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
You watched him in his other ten Tests, in which he took 40 wickets @ 23 bowling fast, hostile outswingers, and you think Finn and Bresnan would "beat him in like for like conditions"?

At this point I actually think it'd be far less embarrassing for you if you hadn't seen him play those games than if you had and still thought that. Your post really was just full of annoying, untrue cliches about a variety of players.
Oh dear.

Oh dear.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
It pretty much just reads like you wrote the post in 2010.
Naw.

Australia are worse now.

I've seen many an Aussie bigging up their players for no good reason in the last couple of years. Some wiser Aussies (largely pretty good Club players who know something) have seen this as well.

Spark

Global Moderator
Holy ****, you really haven't watched any cricket Australia have played since the last Ashes, have you?