• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And I'm sorry, but batsmen should start taking the fielder's word again.
I don't know about that, but umpires bloody well should. If a fielder is conclusively shown to have claimed a grounded catch then he gets suspended, so the benefit of the doubt should absolutely be with the fielder if we're going to hold them to those standards.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Such shocking umpiring so far... are there no better umpires available than this? Would rather have a decent Aussie umpire tbh

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow, the umpiring has been almost as mediocre as Australia this Ashes series. So frustrating. And I'm sorry, but batsmen should start taking the fielder's word again.
Ponting tried many times to have it accepted by opposition captains and no-one would accept

After seeing that, why would you?

stephen

There is so much inconsistency in the current system. Why is it that the umpires can go upstairs for review on whether a catch like that carried and not to clarify something on an LBW decision or a caught behind? It's just so inconsistent.

social

There is so much inconsistency in the current system. Why is it that the umpires can go upstairs for review on whether a catch like that carried and not to clarify something on an LBW decision or a caught behind? It's just so inconsistent.
And no balls, run-outs, stumpings, determining whether it was a bump ball, etc

Spark

Global Moderator
Really terrible decision. Actually the worst umpiring moment of the series for mine.
yeah there's no ifs and buts about that one. he had all the replays he could ever need, for a decision that was clearly out and got it wrong. absolutely no excuses.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Apparently the only three umpires on the elite panel that aren't English or Australian are these blokes, so we've got the same three for the whole series.
Which again is ridiculous. You can't ask 4 umpires or whatever it is to shoulder the burden of such a high profile series for 5-10 tests. How could they not foresee this and plan ahead. I don't know. This test match has just been a real disappointment performance wise from pretty much everyone. Not fit for Lords.