4. Ponting
    5. Clarke
    6. Hussey
    7. Haddin
    8. Agar
    9. Siddle
    10. Patto
    11. Harris

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    I feel sorry for Lyon.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering the life of Phil 'The Prince' Hughes

Would Lyon have copped crap for not bowling cause he had a sore finger? I think he would. Yet Agar was ok cause he's a kid and he can bat.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    reckon there's still plenty of doubt behind Bell's eyes. Anderson on the other hand though is a pretty special case. It's hard to think of a player who has legitimately lifted his game to such a relatively high level after years of being mediocre.
    He was absolutely dreadful in his first Ashes series. I mean he really stunk. Pathetic. In his second series he'd improved to being crap. His third series he was good, and now at the beginning of his fourth, he's very, very good.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    I feel sorry for Lyon.
    I don't. Worst case scenario is he's played 22 matches of Test cricket, travelled the globe and been well paid for it. If he's mowing the grass at the Adelaide Oval next summer instead of playing the Poms he'll still be a lucky fella.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Harry View Post
    He was absolutely dreadful in his first Ashes series. I mean he really stunk. Pathetic. In his second series he'd improved to being crap. His third series he was good, and now at the beginning of his fourth, he's very, very good.
    This is his 5th series.
    ​63*

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Has Agar's finger ruled him out for Lord's? Can't seem to get a confirm/deny on this.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i've heard literally no-one outside of this website discuss agar's finger injury
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    i've heard literally no-one outside of this website discuss agar's finger injury
    Yeah, is it likely to stop him playing at Lord's. If he can't bowl much then Lyon should play until Agar is fit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Harry View Post
    ]He was absolutely dreadful in his first Ashes series. I mean he really stunk. Pathetic. In his second series he'd improved to being crap. His third series he was good, and now at the beginning of his fourth, he's very, very good.
    Aussie cricket fans have never forgotten just how bad Bell was in 2005 (and he was truly awful) and it's my theory that is why he is still the subject of constant ridicule for you Cons........the knockers have just focused on those early years and totally ignored what he has achieved since then, has to be one of the most underrated batsmen ever. His knock at TB came as no surprise to me at all.

As Ginger pointed out this is his 5th Ashes series, so when you mention his 3rd I assume you mean his 4th.......last time in Oz right? Good you say H....good?? 360 runs in only 6 knocks at an average of 65 is just "good"?? He had the 3rd highest average for the series and better than any Aussie batsmen......if England hadn't have remained loyal to Colly and their game plan and Bell batted where he should have it's fair to assume he would have cashed in even more.

If there is any sort of cricketing god out there then Ian Bell will score 500+ runs for this series and finally get the respect that he deserves.
    Last edited by Adders; 16-07-2013 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    This is his 5th series.
    I assume he's referring to James Anderson. Or he's forgotten that Bell was recalled for the last three tests in 2009.
    Handsome Harry likes this.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Aussie cricket fans have never forgotten just how bad Bell was in 2005 (and he was truly awful) and it's my theory that is why he is still the subject of constant ridicule for you Cons........the knockers have just focused on those early years and totally ignored what he has achieved since then, has to be one of the most underrated batsmen ever. His knock at TB came as no surprise to me at all.

As Ginger pointed out this is his 5th Ashes series, so when you mention his 3rd I assume you mean his 4th.......last time in Oz right? Good you say H....good?? 360 runs in only 6 knocks at an average of 65 is just "good"?? He had the 3rd highest average for the series and better than any Aussie batsmen......if England hadn't have remained loyal to Colly and their game plan and Bell batted where he should have it's fair to assume he would have cashed in even more.

If there is any sort of cricketing god out there then Ian Bell will score 500+ runs for this series and finally get the respect that he deserves.
    Loyal to Colly? **** off. He got screwed over big time because they gave Bell a load of extra games he didn't deserve. Bell only toughened up when they stopped giving him a free pass.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Ric Finlay ‏@RicFinlay 1m
    Since debut, Watto (42 Tests) has missed 52 Tests. Aus have won 65.4% of those, but only 45.2% of the 42 he has played.

Page 11 of 273 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information