• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I seem to recall 3 players of the same age and Katich went because Ponting and Hussey were locks. The Clarke incident didnt help him. Ponting should have gone but they didnt have the balls.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He was injured, and then lost his central contract due to age.

Was a shocking call with hindsight. Though you could've argued at the time that it was time to move him on (this was before Australia's batting became Bangladesh + Clarke, ftr).
Incorrect. Katich didn't retire in 2009.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
The selectors are obsessed with guys who try to score all round the ground quickly, find some players happy to hang on and only play their main shots

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The selectors are obsessed with guys who try to score all round the ground quickly, find some players happy to hang on and only play their main shots
George Bailey looks comfortable in international cricket and looks the type of player who could bat long. Might be a contender for the next series in November.

Burgey

How the **** do you wait nearly two years, jag what could be an extended run in a side that's trying to rebuild after waiting on so many tours as a reserve then play a shot like that?

I just can't fathom someone who isn't cerebrally damaged doing it.

Daemon

Wonder what Watson feels like, knowing that most of the country is full of hatred towards him

outbreak

First Class Debutant
How the **** do you wait nearly two years, jag what could be an extended run in a side that's trying to rebuild after waiting on so many tours as a reserve then play a shot like that?

To be honest from the way he talks and carries himself he acts like he is already one of the boys and in his mind a main part of the team

91Jmay

International Coach

That's what pressure does. He knew he couldn't survive defending so had to try and hit Swann out of the attack.

I feel its inevitable Clarke gets a score, just hope we can roll the other end out for 250 ish.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year

I'm beginning to listen to the people who say this guy isn't right for test cricket, still just a regular Cowan though.

Tangles

Uzzie was trying to relieve the pressure Swann was applying but wrong shot to the wrong ball at the wrong time. Just needed to tough it out with Clarke.

Burgey

That's what pressure does. He knew he couldn't survive defending so had to try and hit Swann out of the attack.

I feel its inevitable Clarke gets a score, just hope we can roll the other end out for 250 ish.
Bull**** sorry. The bloke is meant to be a FC and test number three. If he can't rotate the strike then he shouldn't be there. It's an embarrassment. He's a walking marshmallow he's that soft between the ears.

The Battlers Prince

Heartbreaking for a Khawaja fan, but I'm lead to believe that he doesn't care if he's going to play like that