• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every failure Hughes's makes annoys me tbh. Biggest whipping boy to play test cricket ever?

Uppercut

Sounds can be creaking bat handles or dragged feet. It's happened before especially that snicko result was tiny
Yeah but that would only be relevant if it had been given not out by the on-field umpire.

The "my bat handle creaked" excuse is such an ass-pull. I love it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought the point of hotspot was to confirm sounds were edges? if it doesn't is that not enough evidence?
It's been long established that if there's a mark on HotSpot then that a confirms an edge but not all edges actually do appear on HotSpot, so if there's other evidence supporting a fine edge but it doesn't show up on HotSpot, it's still likely the batsman hit the ball.

This is why HotSpot is a little bit ****, though. It's a good tool if you know what it actually presents but a lot of people aren't actually aware of the above and carry on like tarts when this happens.

Top_Cat

Everyone is aware by now that Hotspot isn't the best at picking up thin edges. No chance of seeing a tiny dot when the batspeed is that high too
Some seriously good bull**** artistry from the makers of HotSpot spruiking the capabilities of uncooled IR cams too.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Yeah but that would only be relevant if it had been given not out by the on-field umpire.

The "my bat handle creaked" excuse is such an ass-pull. I love it.
I get that but it just annoys me that other umpires will say they can't prove it 100% so give it not out needs more consistency

91Jmay

International Coach
That was coming. He looked lost frankly against Swann and barely better against the seamers. To reliant on Anderson? Not against these batters.