Thread: New feature - Ashes Smashers

Cricket Web Staff Member

New feature - Ashes Smashers

As an enthralling first Test, which has swung first one way then the other, draws to a close Dave looks at other Ashes nailbiters.

Cricket Web - Features: Ashes Smashers

Quote Originally Posted by chasingthedon View Post
    As an enthralling first Test, which has swung first one way then the other, draws to a close Dave looks at other Ashes nailbiters.

Cricket Web - Features: Ashes Smashers
    Enjoyable piece. Other tests worthy of consderation since I've been watching include Old Trafford in 2005, Edgbaston in 1981 and The Oval in 1997. Oh and obviously Headingley 1981.

Going back a while, didn't Jessop's test go to the wire with Rhodes and his 10th wicket partner getting there in singles, supposedly?
    Last edited by wpdavid; 15-07-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Cricket Web Staff Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Enjoyable piece. Other tests worthy of consderation since I've been watching include Old Trafford in 2005, Edgbaston in 1981 and The Oval in 1997. Oh and obviously Headingley 1981.

Going back a while, didn't Jessop's test go to the wire with Rhodes and his 10th wicket partner getting there in singles, supposedly?
    Thanks for reading and commenting, WPD. In all of the cases you mention except '97, one team or the other was on top for virtually the whole game with all the drama coming in the 4th innings, so they don't rate as highly as the ones I mentioned.

Thread Information