• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Contentious decisions, UDRS, Wambulance Thread.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
We know that the closer the decision, the harder it is to make the right call. The umpire's call system is in place to discourage 50/50 reviews likely to cause controversey, nothing more.

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Does anyone have any rational explanation as for how the **** that was overturned? This is as close to being conclusive as it gets to overturn a decision - he missed it by a ****ing mile without even hotspot or multiple camera angles. Unless it's drunk chimp on crack watching the replay, I have no idea how that could possibly have not been overturned.

I'm pretty much open to conspiracy theories now - it's that bad.
Its amazing to think these blokes are actually getting paid money to be this inept and to no doubt continue to be utterly useless.

Nice work if you can get it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I know what you are saying there is technically correct, but the Bell catch by Smith and the Agar run out surely amount to the same thing.......a failure of the system we have in place now. I know neither of those were DRS reviews, but for all intents and purposes still amount to the same thing......just the umpires called for the reviews and not the players. The whole process still failed though.
Neither of those incidents had anything to do with DRS though, they were part of the long standing 3rd umpire role.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Neither of those incidents had anything to do with DRS though, they were part of the long standing 3rd umpire role.
I know that.......and the 3rd umpire role is where the referral system is failing, both with the DRS system and umpire referrals.

uvelocity

International Coach
Football is a terrible comparison given the rarity and importance of a goal.

And it's hardly a random chance of being overturned. This is the first DRS **** up this series. Yes it shouldn't happen, yes it's unacceptable but it's not as if 3rd umpires are flipping a coin ffs.
you wouldnt get 30-40 goals playing 30 hours of soccer over 5 days?

Riggins

International Captain
"I'm not the person to ask about DRS really," Watson said (as he was asked a thousand questions about the DRS)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Difference is that the third umpires have about 500x more time to make theirs, by which time 95% of us have made the correct decision in their heads. An automated poll taking opinions of cwers would be better than some of the rubbish they occassionally come up with.