• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentary thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lots of complaining about Strauss. Hasn't seemed that bad to me, from the highlights.

Looking forwards to Warne's arrival. Always enjoy him on Sky.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given I don't have Pay TV, this is the only series I can actually watch on TV without Channel 9.

Thank **** I get to listen to a team who don't go on about bull****.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't get the Strauss hate either, but I do think that he's better suited to being in the studio analysing at breaks rather than calling play by play.

The team desperately needs an Aussie though. Warne needs to hurry back from Vegas.

Burgey

Warnie. What a life. When he finished the poker World Series he heads to England to call the Ashes and to catch up with Liz Hurley.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought the criticism of Strauss has been overly harsh too, although I'm probably a bit biased as there is not much that man could do that I won't love.

He appeared a bit nervous to start but settled in well I thought.

Burgey

I thought most of the criticism of him was more to do with his voice rather than anything he actually said. And tbf he can't really do much about his voice - it is what it is.

Generally a recently retired bloke adds a bit with some knowledge of the dressing room, if nothing else. I found his voice a bit boring, but tbh I'd rather hear what he has to say than the same crap from teh usual suspects (no matter who they might be).

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought most of the criticism of him was more to do with his voice rather than anything he actually said. And tbf he can't really do much about his voice - it is what it is.
Yeah it was, but whoever it was in here last night constantly complaining about his "monotone" was infinitely more boring IMO.

It's a typical Home Counties accent and since that is where I come from I find him quite pleasant on the ear........I certainly would listen to Strauss all day over Mark ****ing Nicholas.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Mark Nicholas is bearable when he's commentating on anyone barring Australia. Which is unfortunately pretty much all of the games he commentates.

He just turns into this weird sycophant. It becomes unlistenable.

We know Warne and McGrath and Gilchrist were good mate. Just stfu.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah it was, but whoever it was in here last night constantly complaining about his "monotone" was infinitely more boring IMO.
In my defence, I was quite drunk and no one would answer my question as to who it actually was commentating, so all I had to go on was defining him by his monotony.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also for the fact he said he wanted to give Starc a blow.

But nothing to do with his analysis.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Burgmeister and Heath as well.
They were the ones making the criticism in the first test thread along with me, so obviously they knew what the Strauss dislike was about.

I meant GF and GIMH. I don't think Strauss is a horrible commentator or anything. He just has a really really really boring voice.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They were the ones making the criticism in the first test thread along with me, so obviously they knew what the Strauss dislike was about.

I meant GF and GIMH. I don't think Strauss is a horrible commentator or anything. He just has a really really really boring voice.
Either refer to me as GeraintIsMyHero or don't refer to me at all ****