• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentary thread

Spark

Global Moderator
Holding just seems to say dumb things with weird regularity. Like, things which are patently untrue.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I enjoy his spin bowling analysis. Quite obviously has no idea what he's going on about, but persists anyway, talking about the shiny side of the ball, and Swann 'swinging' the ball. He does get away with it because of his voice though. I'd much rather listen to him talk rubbish, than Strauss talk sense, purely because his voice is better to listen to.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I can't help but find Holding far more affable than any of the others, even when he is talking bollocks.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Warne call England players "smug and arrogant" with regard to their comments post Old Trafford.

In other news Pot declares that kettle "Is Definetly Black!"

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Listen to a fair bit of TMS when not around a TV, Vaughan has made me dislike him and Bairstow more than i should with his 'Here comes Jonnnnnnnnnnny Bairstow!', 'Heres Jonnnnnnnny Bairstow!', Jonny Bairstow this, Jonny Bairstow that, 95 v SA at Lords, arggghhh please give it a ****ing rest!

Pisses me right off and in a peverse sort of way im glad Bairstow is failing just so Vaughan can stop giving him the big build up and generally shut his irritating mouth about Jonnnnnnnnnny Bairstow!

He has toned it down now, he has to, but i don't hear him calling for Jonnnnnnny Bairstow! to be dropped unlike Compton who he couldn't wait to stick the knife in after a few poor knocks.

Blatently biased commentators generally come across as dickheads, Vaughan definatetly does.

Last edited:

Dissector

International Debutant
That session with Warne, Nasser and Strauss in the nets was seriously excellent. Some of the best cricket TV I have seen in a while.

Dissector

International Debutant
Basically Warne bowled an over to Nasser and Strauss and talked about how he would use the first over to size up the pitch and formulate his plans. The batsmen explained what they would watch for when playing Warne. In between they showed and talked about some of Warne's famous dismissals. And as a bonus Nasser and Strauss re-enacted their famous mix-up at Lord's.

Hope someone puts it up on Youtube because it was a gem.

Riggins

International Captain
i really like all the comms ( / actually nasser himself ) talking about how much of a cheap skate nass is. No surprise, considering everything you hear from when he was here, but hilarious nonetheless.

King Pietersen

International Captain
So good. Loved these masterclass videos. The KP one was really good, and this one probably better. Warnie's not lost it has he. Still has so much control, the way he'd explain in detail exactly what he was going to bowl, and then execute it perfectly was awesome. Leg spin is one of those arts that is so hard to perfect, but Warne absolutely nailed it. What a bowler, made even better by his cricketing brain. Great to watch.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not sure where to post this, but Sky Ashes is currently showing highlights of the Adelaide test from 94/95.

I'd forgotten quite how sharp Junior Waugh was before his back went. Just saw him bounce out Crawley.

No speed guns in those days, but reckon he'd be a decent lick.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently Warne was throwing down pies in prep for the masterclass before the camera turned on. He is/was just something else.