Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Coverage in Australia

  1. #1
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    27,197

    Coverage in Australia

    After thinking I would miss out due to not having Foxtel atm, it seems that the series is going to be on GEM.

    Great news (for myself at least) if this is true, but also a bit funny that our first batch of HD Watto is because the cricket is secondary to Nine's primary scheduling.
    Jesus brings life eternal

    remembering Phil 'The Prince' Hughes - we will always love you

  2. #2
    International Debutant Adders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ***RIP THE PRINCE***
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    After thinking I would miss out due to not having Foxtel atm, it seems that the series is going to be on GEM.

    Great news (for myself at least) if this is true, but also a bit funny that our first batch of HD Watto is because the cricket is secondary to Nine's primary scheduling.
    Excellent news for me too. Gem have been advertising every ball live so they had better ****ing stick to that!! Hopefully they will do a passable job of the coverage and won't bugger it up but I'm not holding my breath.

    The only reason we are getting the privilege of having this on an HD channel is because of the crazy anti-siphoning laws that protect Australia's home series. Come the return leg it will have to go back onto Ch 9's SD channel.......all because of a tiny percentage of the population that don't have access to the HD channels (an HD STB costs 30 bucks FFS)

  3. #3
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,078
    All TV is going HD soon anyway I think, in the next few years.

    Don't you still have TV licences in England?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  4. #4
    International Captain Ruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    7,114
    Just saw the series will be streamed on youtube. That is heaven!


  5. #5
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,078
    Spikey will be in gif heaven.

    Spikey's Ashes

  6. #6
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    27,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    Just saw the series will be streamed on youtube. That is heaven!
    Pretty sure that doesn't include Australia (or England).

  7. #7
    International Captain Ruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    7,114
    Yeah I know, but it's still awesome for spreading the game, and for peeps overseas. If it isn't accessible via Aus or Eng, could probably use a VPN anyway.

  8. #8
    International 12th Man Tangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Polar Vortex
    Posts
    1,723
    So gem is hd but 9 isn't?

  9. #9
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,078
    Yes, I think that's right. But I'm not sure whether all the shows on Gem are HD.

    "I'm no Tech head"

    - Tony Abbott, 2010

    So I gather the Gem/ Nine commentary is just a feed of the Sky dribblers, or are they sending their own dribblers over?

  10. #10
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post

    So I gather the Gem/ Nine commentary is just a feed of the Sky dribblers, or are they sending their own dribblers over?
    Yeah I think they are just going to use the Sky feed. However apparently they are going to have their own dribblers during the breaks.

    The Ashes Tour LIVE on GEM

  11. #11
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,078
    Cheers

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    DRS Box
    Posts
    19,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Excellent news for me too. Gem have been advertising every ball live so they had better ****ing stick to that!! Hopefully they will do a passable job of the coverage and won't bugger it up but I'm not holding my breath.

    The only reason we are getting the privilege of having this on an HD channel is because of the crazy anti-siphoning laws that protect Australia's home series. Come the return leg it will have to go back onto Ch 9's SD channel.......all because of a tiny percentage of the population that don't have access to the HD channels (an HD STB costs 30 bucks FFS)
    Can't they just put it on both HD and SD? All the HD channels here still have the non HD version for the troglodytes
    Last edited by superkingdave; 09-07-2013 at 03:59 PM.

  13. #13
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    49,125
    Yeah it seems weird to me too...here if there is an HD channel then generally the HD channel just shows what the SD channel shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  14. #14
    International Debutant Adders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ***RIP THE PRINCE***
    Posts
    2,584
    Not in Oz. Gem is a dedicated channel in HD, it is not broadcast simultaneously in SD. If you don't have a HD receiver you can't watch it.

    Because certain sports are protected by the anti-syphoning laws here they have to be accessible to everyone, as there are still areas in the country where the analogue signal hasn't been switched off yet and even where they have I guess there are some oldies that only have an SD STB, not everyone has access to the HD channels like GEM.

    Anyways, great news that the England series won't be affected and we'll get to see every ball live.

  15. #15
    International Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    Just saw the series will be streamed on youtube. That is heaven!
    I'll be youtubing it. At work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. TV Coverage
    By no1_gangsta_786 in forum Twenty20 World Cup
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 14-09-2007, 09:34 AM
  2. Sky Coverage
    By grants girl in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27-08-2006, 07:50 PM
  3. channel 9 coverage
    By gus in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 14-12-2005, 06:12 AM
  4. Best coverage
    By 12th Man in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 05:01 PM
  5. India Vs Australia - Television coverage in the US
    By mkamdar in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-09-2004, 03:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •