• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

35th thread: Ashes Last Man Standing 2013/14

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
For any of you who were around on these parts for previous Ashes series, or have simply done some lurking in achieved sub-forums (I'm the latter FTR) you'll know that Brumby has previously run successful Last Man Standing competitions. Sadly, he's decided he doesn't want to run it this year, but don't worry, because I'm going to step up and do it instead!

For those who are unfamiliar with the concept; before play on each day, I'll ask two yes or no questions relating to the days play. If you get the questions correct, you remain standing, if you get the questions incorrect, you fall. The last man to remain standing, as the title suggests, is declared the winner.

The questions for July the 10th are:

Question 1: Will a wicket fall in the first hour of play?

Questions 2: Will there be an opening day century?

You're welcome to wait for the toss before answering the questions, as you're decisions may be influenced by who's batting, conditions, weather forecast etc. However, if you forget to answer before the start of play there's no compensation, so you may wish to play it safe.

All welcome obviously, the more the merrier.