• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If Australia win the first Test...

If Australia win the first Test will they win the series?

• Yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • It is a toss up

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Where is the Bradman vs Tendulkar debate?

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Will they win the series?

England are favorites, Aus won the first Test in 2005 and we all know what then happened but a win could settle an awkward looking Australian squad and set them up for the rest of the series.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I see England winning at least 2 Tests so it would have to be a ding-dong battle of the ages for Aus to win 3 and take the series.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Tbh Trent Bridge is perhaps they're best chance of winning imo much more of a bowlers pitch than the others.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
England might play **** and then get their act together, I doubt Australia will win the series whatever happens at Trent Bridge, but if they win it will give them a good chance to draw the series.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A drawn series is a loss though for Australia really.

I'm going to be optimistic and say YES.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I think this series is going to be a lot closer than some people believe.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Australia have to win the first test to be chance in the series. England are notorious at starting series poorly so it will be their best chance of getting into us and stamping their mark. As I believe Ricky Ponting once said "Win the first one and the English media will take care of the rest"........I'm sure that will apply even more for this series with how ****y our press have been in the build up.

But I think a loss or even a draw in the first will be the end of it for the cons, England will get better as the series goes on and I can't see anyway the Aussies will come from behind.

So if the Aussies go 1-0 up.....it's game on and we have a series on our hands with every chance of an upset. If England go 1 up.........time to bet the house and the kids inheritance on the good guys retaining the Ashes.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Who knows.

My prediction is that this series will be drawn and we will win the Ashes at home. But again, it's impossible to say.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lets be honest, it doesn't really matter what happens with at the first test. Australia haven't been given a chance to win there or here by their administrators. They're all ride off into the sunset with their cash while Aussie fans are left behind to suffer of course.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Should it be so easy to know what someone with 50 posts said, word for word?

Perhaps I'm just a foruming god.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Lets be honest, it doesn't really matter what happens with at the first test. Australia haven't been given a chance to win there or here by their administrators. They're all ride off into the sunset with their cash while Aussie fans are left behind to suffer of course.
No no, at your request Aussie fans decided to boycott the next 10 test matches and so we no longer suffer from their defeats. It was much more satisfying to see the board fail than the players...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Australia have to win the first test to be chance in the series. England are notorious at starting series poorly so it will be their best chance of getting into us and stamping their mark. As I believe Ricky Ponting once said "Win the first one and the English media will take care of the rest"........I'm sure that will apply even more for this series with how ****y our press have been in the build up.

But I think a loss or even a draw in the first will be the end of it for the cons, England will get better as the series goes on and I can't see anyway the Aussies will come from behind.

So if the Aussies go 1-0 up.....it's game on and we have a series on our hands with every chance of an upset. If England go 1 up.........time to bet the house and the kids inheritance on the good guys retaining the Ashes.
'05.

And the difference between the teams this time is, well, huge. Lords will be a draw, though.

Last edited:

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
No no, at your request Aussie fans decided to boycott the next 10 test matches and so we no longer suffer from their defeats. It was much more satisfying to see the board fail than the players...
Anyone who goes or watches a match this summer is aiding Cricket Australia and therefore is helping the further decline of Cricket in Australia. Cricket Australia are mediocre in everyway. Why would you reward a mediocre business by giving them your money?

This governing body has let every aspect of Australian Cricket decay. Then they screw the team over with the scheduling for years to come. How on earth has someone like Sutherland held his position of CEO FOR 12 YEARS!? They're laughing at us while they line their own pockets. They couldn't give a **** about the Australia Cricket team, it's fans or Cricket in general.

Do yourself a favour and go look up what Cricket Australia has planned for the national team in between this Ashes money grab event. They clearly give a **** don't they.

This governing body has proven that it is not fit to run this sport anymore. Cricket is only heading one direction in Australia as things stand and that's down. But I guess we should just stand around, hand over our money and do nothing while the game of Cricket dies a slow and painful death in Australia from the bottom up. That's much better. Meh I'm not sure why I even bother anymore. I'm clearly fighting a losing cause.

Spark

Global Moderator
Alright, seriously, if you're going to literally post the same thing every single time regardless of the actual topic at hand then this is going to become a problem. You don't like CA, we get it. You don't need to post about it in every thread.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I shouldn't really bait him should I, but I want the final word, test cricket will die before CA does, that is the reality, and that is why I'm prepared to throw my money at them. As for the thread topic itself, I'm starting to think that Adders has a point about England getting better throughout the series, particularly due to the fact that conditions will suit Swann more and more as it goes on. But cricket is a confidence game, so I don't think conditions will decide the series, both teams an equal shot at the series if Australia wins the first test.