Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Melbourne: Ashes Tickets

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.

Melbourne: Ashes Tickets

Just wondering if anyone knows what's the go with Ashes tickets for Australia this year.

I see tickets are on sale today, and the missus signed up to join Cricket Australia to get in our request early - after being dumped in the back row of the MCG in 2006. However, she seems unable to purchase any - possibly due to being IPed as in NZ or having registered as being in NZ.

Does anyone know what the go is with restrictions?

Also, would anyone be able to buy tickets for us, or would this lead to our inevitable rejection at the gates on "not being the purchaser" grounds?

Finally, if someone can buy them for us - would anyone be willing to do the honours??
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    The presale is only open to people who joined up with the ACF (or whatever they call it) before June 25th, to prevent people from signing up exclusively to get tickets early I guess.

I don't think the tickets are on sale to the general public for a few days yet, but I can't find the email with the dates.

Yeah, my missus signed up ages ago, so it's not that date restriction that's causing the issue. Odd.

From the website:
    Only ACF members with a registered Australian address as at 5pm (EST) on 25 June as their account address can purchase during the ACF Priority Ticket Access Period.

So that would be the problem. If I was in Melbourne, I would buy them for you but think we could run into some problems with collecting the tickets.

BTW, is anyone buying Sydney tickets? I'm keen to see us celebrate our series win.

MCG tickets went on sale to ACF members at 12pm today, all other states were 9am this morning. Bet you were trying before 12.

Bloody hope they are holding plenty back for General release......tried to get my Adelaide tickets this morning, there were no bronze available at all for any days at 9am. Ended up having to go in the "Aussie Army" section day one and the dry section day 2......... Both ****ing horrible options, just not sure which is worse LOL

Gonna take my chances on general release date for days 3-5.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    From the website:
    BTW, is anyone buying Sydney tickets? I'm keen to see us celebrate our series win.
    I'm tempted to go, but idiot me didn't sign up in time so I have to compete with the general public.

From the website:
    Only ACF members with a registered Australian address as at 5pm (EST) on 25 June as their account address can purchase during the ACF Priority Ticket Access Period.
    Yeah, that'd be the problem then. Bastards. I don't want to get stuck in the back row again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'm tempted to go, but idiot me didn't sign up in time so I have to compete with the general public.
    There are still platinum ($145) silver ($90) and Australian Army (50) tickets available for the first couple of days. I can get some tickets if you like. I don't really know any real Cricket fans in Sydney, so I would be keen to go with some people on here on the proviso that we don't talk about stats and CW the entire day.

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    There are still platinum ($145) silver ($90) and Australian Army (50) tickets available for the first couple of days. I can get some tickets if you like. I don't really know any real Cricket fans in Sydney, so I would be keen to go with some people on here on the proviso that we don't talk about stats and CW the entire day.
    Sounds fun. Can you run a draft throughout the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Sounds fun. Can you run a draft throughout the day?
    Watson (the forumer) to get annoyed if someone goes to get beers and takes a few minutes in selecting a player.
    Pothas likes this.

I was going to buy tix this morning, but the missus and kid went 'yeah, nah' so pm me if you want a drinking buddy. (responsible consumption etc etc)

U19 Cricketer
    Got tickets for Melbourne today (silver for days 1/2/3, bronze for day 4). I couldn't be more excited, this will be my first Ashes test and it's really a dream come true. Was really tossing up between Melbourne and Sydney, but Melbourne will be a bit cheaper (flying up for Hobart and all) and I was at Sydney vs India a few years back.

Life is great.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Yeah, that'd be the problem then. Bastards. I don't want to get stuck in the back row again.
    New Zealand's an Australian state according to their constitution so I'd complain.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    New Zealand's an Australian state according to their constitution so I'd complain.
    I might give this a go. If they don't back it up, they could have a Castle-esque court case on their hands. Burgey QC to assist.

Got my tickets to the Melbourne Test. Have locked in the first three days, and then I'm sure tickets will still be available for days 4 & 5 if necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information