• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Melbourne: Ashes Tickets

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just wondering if anyone knows what's the go with Ashes tickets for Australia this year.

I see tickets are on sale today, and the missus signed up to join Cricket Australia to get in our request early - after being dumped in the back row of the MCG in 2006. However, she seems unable to purchase any - possibly due to being IPed as in NZ or having registered as being in NZ.

Does anyone know what the go is with restrictions?

Also, would anyone be able to buy tickets for us, or would this lead to our inevitable rejection at the gates on "not being the purchaser" grounds?

Finally, if someone can buy them for us - would anyone be willing to do the honours?? :ph34r::wub:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The presale is only open to people who joined up with the ACF (or whatever they call it) before June 25th, to prevent people from signing up exclusively to get tickets early I guess.

I don't think the tickets are on sale to the general public for a few days yet, but I can't find the email with the dates.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
From the website:
Only ACF members with a registered Australian address as at 5pm (EST) on 25 June as their account address can purchase during the ACF Priority Ticket Access Period.

So that would be the problem. If I was in Melbourne, I would buy them for you but think we could run into some problems with collecting the tickets.

BTW, is anyone buying Sydney tickets? I'm keen to see us celebrate our series win.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
MCG tickets went on sale to ACF members at 12pm today, all other states were 9am this morning. Bet you were trying before 12.

Bloody hope they are holding plenty back for General release......tried to get my Adelaide tickets this morning, there were no bronze available at all for any days at 9am. Ended up having to go in the "Aussie Army" section day one and the dry section day 2......... Both ****ing horrible options, just not sure which is worse LOL

Gonna take my chances on general release date for days 3-5.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
From the website:
BTW, is anyone buying Sydney tickets? I'm keen to see us celebrate our series win.
I'm tempted to go, but idiot me didn't sign up in time so I have to compete with the general public.

HeathDavisSpeed

From the website:
Only ACF members with a registered Australian address as at 5pm (EST) on 25 June as their account address can purchase during the ACF Priority Ticket Access Period.
Yeah, that'd be the problem then. Bastards. I don't want to get stuck in the back row again.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm tempted to go, but idiot me didn't sign up in time so I have to compete with the general public.
There are still platinum ($145) silver ($90) and Australian Army (50) tickets available for the first couple of days. I can get some tickets if you like. I don't really know any real Cricket fans in Sydney, so I would be keen to go with some people on here on the proviso that we don't talk about stats and CW the entire day.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
There are still platinum ($145) silver ($90) and Australian Army (50) tickets available for the first couple of days. I can get some tickets if you like. I don't really know any real Cricket fans in Sydney, so I would be keen to go with some people on here on the proviso that we don't talk about stats and CW the entire day.
Sounds fun. Can you run a draft throughout the day? :dry:

adub

International Captain
I was going to buy tix this morning, but the missus and kid went 'yeah, nah' so pm me if you want a drinking buddy. (responsible consumption etc etc)

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Got tickets for Melbourne today (silver for days 1/2/3, bronze for day 4). I couldn't be more excited, this will be my first Ashes test and it's really a dream come true. Was really tossing up between Melbourne and Sydney, but Melbourne will be a bit cheaper (flying up for Hobart and all) and I was at Sydney vs India a few years back.

Life is great.

HeathDavisSpeed

Got my tickets to the Melbourne Test. Have locked in the first three days, and then I'm sure tickets will still be available for days 4 & 5 if necessary.

J_asonR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
From the website:

So that would be the problem. If I was in Melbourne, I would buy them for you but think we could run into some problems with collecting the tickets.

Might come over from England for it, but no doubt you won't want to be celebrating an England win ;)