• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's the one player that each side simply can't do without?

Stapel

International Regular
Apart from thinking it's a nice idea to discuss key players in a team, I think England have a far better 12 to 15 than Oz have. It's a bit easy to claim Jimmy is the key, just after he has taken 10 in a close match. I can see England win tests without Jimmy. Swann and Broad have bowled some match winning spells! But I can't see Aus doing any good without Pup.

Stapel

International Regular
what? he did dick all that game and we did alright.
No you didn't. It looked alright, due to two monster 10th wicket partnerships. I won't say that was just luck, but I will say it won't happen too many times again.

Riggins

International Captain
you said the aussies cant do anything without clarke. they just came within 14 runs of winning and he did nothing. it kind of is the point.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Apart from thinking it's a nice idea to discuss key players in a team, I think England have a far better 12 to 15 than Oz have. It's a bit easy to claim Jimmy is the key, just after he has taken 10 in a close match. I can see England win tests without Jimmy. Swann and Broad have bowled some match winning spells! But I can't see Aus doing any good without Pup.
Based on this one test you have to say that is rubbish.

Clarke didn't perform and Australia nearly got there, so take Clarke out of their side and the result would have been the same........... take Jimmy's performance away from England and we would have been smashed.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They got within 14 and he did **** all.

The gap between England's best bowler and their others is a lot larger than for Australia.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it's definitely Jimmy for England. Didn't he bowl something like 40% of their overs on the last Ashes in Australia?

rickey007

Cricket Spectator
I think from Australia side "Michael Clarke " is most important player whom without Australia can't win and from England side "Ian Bell" is the most important player in current series through seen his current form.