• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia - should they field four quicks?

Would you sub out Nathan Lyon for Trent Bridge?

• Yes - Lyon for Faulkner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Starc is not good enough to be in a three man pace attack at the moment. He only has two modes - either he's blowing batsmen away with crazy extravagant movement and pace or dishing up tasty 140kph half volleys. He'll get there eventually but he's a bit of a liability at the moment when not in god mode.

Ruckus

International Captain
Starc wouldn't be a bad option in a 4 man pace attack, but yeah in a 3 man attack with Pattinson (who can still have bad spells) and a seemingly out of form Siddle, it's just a bad idea imo. They have to play Harris. I don't see what the reasoning could be if they don't. He is a clear-cut better bowler than both Siddle and Starc and performed well in his first tour match. If they are concerned about injury then I don't even understand why he is even in the squad. You either accept Harris for the injury-prone bowler he is and play him whenever you can anyway (which is what has happened in the past with good success), or you simply don't have him in the picture.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree with Albi and Ruckus here.

Ideally I'd go with Bird/Harris/Pattinson but I can deal with Siddle. Starc just feels like a liability though in a 4-man attack + Watson and some other 6th bowler.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Harris doesn't bowl the house down and Starc takes another bag against Worcs, reckon Starc's going to play the first Test. Siddle and Pattinson are nailed on so it comes down to those two.