• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arthur sacked

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow. Massive development. Can't see it being a good one on the eve of the series either, unless they get someone in who's higghly regarded by everyone in the squad.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
****ing hell. Whether this turns out to be a good or bad decision in the long run, this is crazy. Guy is appointed because of the Argus review, and is sacked right before the most important series for Australian cricket. Farcical.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ahahahahaha. Ah Australian Cricket, so hopeless.

Arthur should never have been there (durr) but the timing of this decision is crazy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I cannot see how this timing makes sense unless he's been caught fiddling boys. Honestly this is ridiculous.

howardj

International Coach
expecting apologies from all those who bagged me for criticising his appointment at the time

the whole culture of the team stinks

get Boof in there - at least he would unite them and get the emphasis back on enjoying their cricket

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In other news, Shane Watson has just been ruled out for the First Test. He was found sprawled on the ground outside the team hotel after having apparently pulled a hamstring doing backflips.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, at least now we know for sure that CA have hitched their cart to the Homework Four. Going to go ahead and back that Warner will now face-up at Nottingham with Rogers and that Cowan is garrn.

I'm no fan of Arthur but bloody hell.

Ruckus

International Captain
It's almost like with the Australian cricket team in the past couple of years, some mastermind has actually sat down and plotted out a long term plan in which to best sabotage our chances. "Yep we'll make a debut for Xavier Doherty here, we'll keep bringing back MJ and bring in a few doomed-to-failure batsmen, we'll conduct an Argus review which gives hope to Aus cricket but ultimately results in nothing, we'll give some players a dumb homework task they won't complete and cause disharmony amongst the squad, we'll set up a fist fight with a key player and suspend him up until the eve of the first game, and then we'll sack the coach, who probably shouldn't have been there in the first place, right before the most important series". It's like the magnum opus of a serial killer.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The whole team is a mess. If this results in Boof coming in to coach then it won't all be bad though I guess. He might also be a good back up batsman!