• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arthur sacked

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Blame the ECB imo. Obviously pulling the strings again. Decided they needed something to distract from England choking in the CT final so had Arthur sacked. Should have been a little swifter on the announcement- a few hours earlier would have been better for the English newspapers

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think Cricket Australia think that they cannot possibly get any worse both off-field and on-field at the moment, so thought a change of coach might actually help. Darren Lehmann has apparently got these "old-school" values which may actually straighten the team out

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And you expect him to sort out this mess in a little over 2 weeks???
The team will be more unified and better coached under Lehmann

However, team unity and good coaching cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

I expect Oz to be more competitive now but our batsmen still suck

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
michael slater has been dreaming about this for ages i reckon

lehmann won't make much of a difference. which means he could turn out be a hero if things go well and lose nothing if things go badly

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if watson starts playing better just because the coach is nicer i swear to god i will kill him