• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arthur sacked

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke stepping down is a good move imo, not good for team harmony, which is evidently ****house atm, when everyone knows the captain is judging your performance as a selector. Its hard for him to console and encourage players who've been dropped when he has a say in the dropping.
Captain is still gonna have a say though. It just won't be officially acknowledged

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yet Sutherland remains untouched.
He's untouchable until the end of the summer. His master plan of destroying Cricket in Australia is nearly completed. Nothing will stop him from seeing it through.

More negative press for Cricket today, more people being turned off the sport. Marvellous stuff. Will there be anyone left by the time the summer rolling's around?

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why do media outlets keep asking Chappelli what he thinks about the sacking?

He's like the last person to ask about a cricketing coach.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
It makes England's situation on the eve of the 1986/87 series look like smooth waters.

Mind you, at least England had some outstanding players. With the exception of Clarke (who, I suspect, won't manage to play the whole series due to his back) Australia don't have that.

I reckon that Arthur's comment on Australia having the best all round bowling attack in the world ("which world kis this?" thought I) convinced his bosses that he was on hard drugs.

Clarke resigning from the selection committee must surely be a big deal too.

the big bambino

International Captain
The fact it had to be done excuses the timing. Arthur's results have been pathetic from India to now. He's responsible for the selections the mad overreaction of homeworkgate and losing control of discipline anyway. He's obviously lost the team and it would be foolish to persist with him and the division he's created for 5 tests.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Good move. I have nothing against Arthur, but Boof's the guy to bring Australia out of the mire. The Lehmann-Rixon-Clarke team should be a good one.

howardj

International Coach
We lose the Ashes, marked by three innings defeats on home turf

We have an inquiry

Then we end up with...Gavin Dovey, Uncle Arthur, The Mad Professor, Patty 'big squad' Howard, and James Sutherland

Warne, McGrath, SWaugh, Pootang... weren't the nicest of blokes...but at least they had pride..

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
So who's the bad guy? No idea who we're supposed to blame anymore. Dictator Clarke? Uncle Arthur? Darth Sutherland? Waterworks Watson? Don Argus? Hapless Howard? Pisshead Warner?

Hope Mickey spills the dirt. He owes them nothing now.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
And you expect him to sort out this mess in a little over 2 weeks???
As I always say, It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

So Siddle will be fine, lets hope the other guys respond well to the change.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah no ****, used to take him that long to turn for a 2nd run let alone solve the Test side's many, many issues.

Last edited: