• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arthur sacked

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's almost like with the Australian cricket team in the past couple of years, some mastermind has actually sat down and plotted out a long term plan in which to best sabotage our chances. "Yep we'll make a debut for Xavier Doherty here, we'll keep bringing back MJ and bring in a few doomed-to-failure batsmen, we'll conduct an Argus review which gives hope to Aus cricket but ultimately results in nothing, we'll give some players a dumb homework task they won't complete and cause disharmony amongst the squad, we'll set up a fist fight with a key player and suspend him up until the eve of the first game, and then we'll sack the coach, who probably shouldn't have been there in the first place, right before the most important series". It's like the magnum opus of a serial killer.
There's a few of those around at the moment :ph34r:

1-6d1addcb0c.jpg

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Another one falls so Sutherland can keep his seat safe. Pat Howard will be next to fall after the summer and Sutherland will still stand.

Every single day this cancer that is James Sutherland STILL stays around Cricket dies just a little bit more.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Just needs to be someone who can fully unify everyone in a really short space of time. Lehmann is probably that guy.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lehmann's not a unifier, per se, is a lad. Happens to be a lot of lads in the team so he may unify them on that basis but it could also go horrifically wrong if he and Watson don't get on.

Red

Does anyone really get along with Watson though? Serious question.

adub

International Captain
Bagged the selection at the time, but I'm still surprised he got the axe. If Boof is the replacement then it could turn out to be a good move. Queensland don't have any batsmen worth a pinch of ****, but they won a shield and made the final the following year so hopefully he can work similar magic with the test side.

Hopefully Invers is next.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Lehmann's not a unifier, per se, is a lad. Happens to be a lot of lads in the team so he may unify them on that basis but it could also go horrifically wrong if he and Watson don't get on.
What's a "lad" in the dressing room sense? Genuine question.

Red

did boof and clarke play much together? i can't really remember.
Remember Boof offering to stand down for Clarke because he remembered what it was like to not get selected as a young player of great skill Didn't want the same to happen to Clarke. Boof's a legend.

Ruckus

International Captain
Bagged the selection at the time, but I'm still surprised he got the axe. If Boof is the replacement then it could turn out to be a good move. Queensland don't have any batsmen worth a pinch of ****, but they won a shield and made the final the following year so hopefully he can work similar magic with the test side.

Hopefully Invers is next.
Not any more chaos now, but yes, please.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Wow this is shocking. Australia is becoming the new Pakistan in terms of sheer amount of off-ground stuff. Seems like Warner incident could've been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. When CA was extremely critical of the incident and chided team leadership, Arthur was keen to downplay it and attribute it to Warner's naivety.

I can sense player resentment being a factor here. Warning signals to pup also this sacking imo.

adub

International Captain
Not any more chaos now, but yes, please.
tbf I don't have too many arguments with the Ashes squad, but the India schemozzle, the one day and t-20 selections and just baffling things Invers is often saying don't fill me with confidence. A clean out with him following Mickey out the door wouldn't really add to the chaos. Won't happen, but wouldn't be a bad move.