• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arthur sacked

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fx0477hv3c71k0p/Mickey Perth Statement 21july13 FINAL.pdf

Mickey Arthur Statement @ Perth airport
Sunday 21 July 2013
“Good afternoon. It is very unfortunate that my private dispute with Cricket Australia was made public by others. Due to the sensitive matters involved, I have taken extensive steps in cooperation with the Fair Work Commission, to keep my case entirely confidential. Selective leaks by others have ruined my attempts to protect the Australian cricket team and everyone involved. As I’ve said, no one associated with me has played any part in releasing
that confidential document.

After my dismissal, I received nothing in writing from Cricket Australia, no contact, and no payment at all, not even of my basic leave pay, until I
was forced to bring in lawyers to assist in the process. I had tried on a number of occasions to make direct contact at a very senior level of Cricket Australia, for days there was just no response. I was really trying for a private resolution that would not have any collateral damage to the reputation of any of us, the Australian team,
Australian cricket, or me. I thought, perhaps naively, that, under all the circumstances of my dismissal, that Cricket Australia would be willing to have sensible and good faith talks in private.

Sadly that hasn’t happened. And here we are today. I never wanted to launch legal action but Cricket Australia simply left me no option. James Sutherland himself said that, to an extent,I had been made quote “a scapegoat.”

I find that a totally unfair basis to end my career. The damage to my reputation and career has been immense, which means the chances of me getting a senior job are that much less. I was truly shocked and devastated by my dismissal. I had received a positive appraisal on all my key performance indicators just prior to departing for the Ashes tour. I am told that David Warner’s conduct was “the last straw” for the board. I received no hearing at all over that issue, and no one was doing more to improve discipline in the young Australian team than I was. In spite of what has been a deliberate campaign against me in the past days, I am still willing to resolve this dispute on a fair and just basis. I do hope that the conciliation talks at the Fair Work Commission on Wednesday will be productive and I will be doing my part.

And to conclude, I just want to wish the Aussie team the best of luck and I am truly hoping they bring it home. I’m sorry, but I can't take any questions. Thank you.”