Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Arthur sacked

Good article in the SMH about the leak, and Harmers' reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Dont offer it then or include some performance based clauses.
    Apparently there were performance hurdles in his contract that haven't been met but Arthur's lawyers are arguing that:

a. he was given insufficient (i.e. none) notice of dismissal; and

b. insufficient support by CA to enable him to achieve the required hurdles

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    tbf, we all said Lawyers Weekly would fail with a name like that and look where they're at
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

I would defer to the lawyer in that article's superior knowledge, and also Burgey's, but would have thought Sutherland's "scapegoat" admission was pretty damning at least in establishing unfair dismissal

I think the racism thing is a long shot though, although I've got no doubt that as things started to go sour this year, his status as an outsider didn't help
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Cricket Spectator

Will this be a dampner??

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    This is really big. With the coach getting sacked before the second test, I am interested to see what happnes to the team moral. On the top of that, the current Australia team also has rifts between their strong players. The Engalnd team will definitely be scheming to take full advantage of this chaos!
    hendrix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    I would defer to the lawyer in that article's superior knowledge, and also Burgey's, but would have thought Sutherland's "scapegoat" admission was pretty damning at least in establishing unfair dismissal

I think the racism thing is a long shot though, although I've got no doubt that as things started to go sour this year, his status as an outsider didn't help
    I think (although it wasn't clear!) that Tim Fuller was only referring to the racial discrimination aspect of the case when he said it was likely to fail. The "regular" unfair dismissal aspect probably has more legs. Particularly if they didn't use any termination provision to end the agreement.

International Debutant
    Lost all respect for Arthur when he pulled that racism bull****. Well I lost it over homeworkgate then I manufactured some so I could lose respect for him again.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    This is really big. With the coach getting sacked before the second test, I am interested to see what happnes to the team moral. On the top of that, the current Australia team also has rifts between their strong players. The Engalnd team will definitely be scheming to take full advantage of this chaos!
    He got sacked a bit before the first test actually,team performances suddenly got better.

my ironic "likes" don't appear to be catching on

International Regular
    Since when is South African a 'race'?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fx0477hv3c...13%20FINAL.pdf

Mickey Arthur Statement @ Perth airport
    Sunday 21 July 2013
    “Good afternoon. It is very unfortunate that my private dispute with Cricket Australia was made public by others. Due to the sensitive matters involved, I have taken extensive steps in cooperation with the Fair Work Commission, to keep my case entirely confidential. Selective leaks by others have ruined my attempts to protect the Australian cricket team and everyone involved. As I’ve said, no one associated with me has played any part in releasing
    that confidential document.

After my dismissal, I received nothing in writing from Cricket Australia, no contact, and no payment at all, not even of my basic leave pay, until I
    was forced to bring in lawyers to assist in the process. I had tried on a number of occasions to make direct contact at a very senior level of Cricket Australia, for days there was just no response. I was really trying for a private resolution that would not have any collateral damage to the reputation of any of us, the Australian team,
    Australian cricket, or me. I thought, perhaps naively, that, under all the circumstances of my dismissal, that Cricket Australia would be willing to have sensible and good faith talks in private.

Sadly that hasn’t happened. And here we are today. I never wanted to launch legal action but Cricket Australia simply left me no option. James Sutherland himself said that, to an extent,I had been made quote “a scapegoat.”

I find that a totally unfair basis to end my career. The damage to my reputation and career has been immense, which means the chances of me getting a senior job are that much less. I was truly shocked and devastated by my dismissal. I had received a positive appraisal on all my key performance indicators just prior to departing for the Ashes tour. I am told that David Warner’s conduct was “the last straw” for the board. I received no hearing at all over that issue, and no one was doing more to improve discipline in the young Australian team than I was. In spite of what has been a deliberate campaign against me in the past days, I am still willing to resolve this dispute on a fair and just basis. I do hope that the conciliation talks at the Fair Work Commission on Wednesday will be productive and I will be doing my part.

And to conclude, I just want to wish the Aussie team the best of luck and I am truly hoping they bring it home. I’m sorry, but I can't take any questions. Thank you.”

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Thanks Kevin for the tips on leaking. #shanewatsonthoughts
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 21-07-2013 at 02:18 AM.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread Information