• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

which players will play their last test matches in the forthcoming ashes series

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shane Watson

ok who else

2009 causalities:

Manou
Clark
Harmison
Flintoff

flibbertyjibber

Harris? Breaks down again and that might be that with the Aussies being the best attack in the world he surely won't be able to take another 6 month holiday/rehab and get his place back.

Cowan, not a great record as it is and if he doesn't do well could be bombed.

morgieb

The three I can think of from Australia are Haddin, Rogers and Harris. Haddin could be dumped if he has a poor series, and another dumping is his career you'd think. Rogers seems to be the most blatantly short-term pick ever, and if Harris breaks down again it's probably his career.

NFI for England. Maybe someone like Onions, Tremlett or Bresnan if they get games and go poorly, or maybe Compton if he struggles.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Rogers will probably do well and I'd say they will retain him for at least the SA tour. Haddin and Harris possibly the the same. I honestly think Lyon is on his last legs if he underperforms with Fawad and Agar knocking on the door, but I think he has really improved recently, so who knows?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Compton and Rodgers the obvious candidates. Swann and Harris are also possibilities with injuries.

Predicting Bresnan is just mad.

Edit: Assume this covers both series?

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hopefully about half of the Australian players, and the CEO and the board over at Cricket Australia.